TerryC....You O.K.?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty good fire in Terry's neighborhood!Prayers for ya!!
Thank you, sir! We are fine. Judy T and I were in Colombia, CA and saw the smoke above the Stan and we knew it was going to be CLOSE! I took some video on the way back up the mountain, to find it was down on Skunk Ranch Rd, not Penn Gulch. Whew! The valuables were in the car, buddy! Came to within 1 1/2 mile of the house before considered contained. As you know, tinder dry around here. The ******ant and water runs were running over the house constantly. GOOD JOB, firefighters! Went down to the post office earlier and the HEAVY smoke was down to a few wisps. Incidently, www.thepinetree.net does a very good job of up to the minute reporting of such things. Prayers helped. Now, direct the prayers towards the firefighter that was air-lifted from the fire after being struck by an auto in the 0% visibilty. Tnx all. Hmmm, keep getting r e t a r d a n t bleeped Terry

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still praying for you buddy! Glad the fire passed.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still praying for you buddy! Glad the fire passed.
Yes, Terry. Mine start out in the morning when I can plant both feet on the floor and stand up tall! Tnx. TTC

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
For those of us who live in the mountains and foothills, nothing quite as terrifying as wind fueled wild fire. I am glad to hear you and yours are out of harms way...

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a feeling the fire wouldn't know what it was in for meeting terry! After the meeting, not only would terry be un-burnt, be would have found a way to use the fire to make some cool new prospecting tools! ;)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a feeling the fire wouldn't know what it was in for meeting terry! After the meeting, not only would terry be un-burnt, be would have found a way to use the fire to make some cool new prospecting tools! ;)
Tnx, Oak... Ha!419, I... don't..... know..... but sure would be easier than a weed whacker on an old foundation site! Fire up here is akin to Temblors down in the Bay.... we kid about it.... but it's always a nervous laugh. Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear bud,if that would have got in the Canyon again,it would have been a lot more,"Interesting",had one over on this river canyon going on at the same time,sounds like they got a handle on it now too.Hate to say it,but the big one is coming,been too long,and it is prime.
Prayers to the Fire Fighter too....bad deal!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Fires are bad, but they will help to put more gold in the washes.:icon_scratch:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fires are bad, but they will help to put more gold in the washes.:icon_scratch:
I'll agree with you, Graycloud.... as long as it's not my coins that end up in the washes! I already lost my "good luck" coin (1/4 ounce) on the lot at K K and Howard, in Milwaukee, WI. TTC

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Them damn fires yall get out west are like a frick'n blow torch
sometimes . Glad it didn't get any of your stuff TC .

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Them damn fires yall get out west are like a frick'n blow torch
sometimes . Glad it didn't get any of your stuff TC .
Tnx Takota....You keep the hurricanes. Midwest can keep the tornadoes, Upper midwest can keep the snow. West coast can keep the earthquakes. I'll just turn the air on when needed, thank you. ( seems we all have a particular thing we have to look over our shoulder for) TTC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,
So true about looking over the shoulder for our own thing. Mine is bears and a few years back the bears got mixed in with the Foresthill fire. I was in the canyon when the almost dry lightning storm came through and it was awesome. Hiked out a few days later, as I got high enough could see layers of smoke but only then knew there was a fire.......Glad your area was spared!..........63bkpkr

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,the fires burn so hot now they sterilize the ground for a time and if we get a wet winter we get landslides which silt in the streams,god forbid we as dredgers ever cause some durbitity!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread