Found Gold Today.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone else have this problem?
While looking for a truck title today, my wife found two small viles of gold that we had completly forgot about. Just like new gold to us now.:laughing7:
Yes, I have.... but not 2 vials full! Once, Judy threw out a paper plate that I was drying some gold on. Her son closed up an electronic scale of mine, losing the gold that was lying on the top cover plate (most was later found among the foam holding the scale). And most recently, Judy's grandaughter found and returned a larger picker she found on the table. So, adding the bunch.... probably lost less than a gram plus the 1/4 ouncer. TTC

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I first got into gold, the got who got me bit showed me a little picker(5 I'd 6 grain) he found In his cons, I picked it up with some tweezers, squeezed too hard, and it shot across his garage into the corner! Needless, not allowed to handle his small gold any more... Does that count?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 8 days of sluicing, put a 1/2 ounce in jeans pocket to sell in Grass Valley, ca. Got up to the truck (1,000 ft hike) found a hole in pocket. There's a 1/2
ounce gold vial laying out there to this day!!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone else have this problem?
While looking for a truck title today, my wife found two small viles of gold that we had completly forgot about. Just like new gold to us now.:laughing7:

Dang dude ... :laughing7: . I've never had that particular problem , so far .
If I ever do find some gold that I had forgot where I put it I'm gona
have the Doc check me out for that "crazy cow" disease . :laughing7:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I first got into gold, the got who got me bit showed me a little picker(5 I'd 6 grain) he found In his cons, I picked it up with some tweezers, squeezed too hard, and it shot across his garage into the corner! Needless, not allowed to handle his small gold any more... Does that count?

:laughing7: ... I've done the tweezer shot . Only had to do it once though .

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is nothing but great advice for us who have yet to lose, misplace, drop, or tweezer shoot our hard earned precious metal from grasp. I've actually had a dream (nightmare) about sneezing over my scale only to watch the sparkles dust all over the kitchen.... LOL.....Think about it.... could happen!!!

OP
OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Just to set the record straight, neither vile was completely full.??? One had fines and the other a few pickers. I think just about all of us have experance the tweezer shot across the table and on the floor or ground. Not a good feeling in the belly.:BangHead:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For many,many years my grandma would take my big gold for safe keeping cause she was just sure I would sell and spend it(she came from a long line of miners)well when she died the box I thought all that gold was in was empty!!!Still have not found it....probably 30 + ounces worth of big gold!

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like dear old granny was quite the con woman:laughing7:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot, Kuger, you just killed this thread! Nobody can top your story without being a member of the Liar's Club!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a lot, Kuger, you just killed this thread! Nobody can top your story without being a member of the Liar's Club!!
I have had the pleasure of meeting Kuger (Cody). Kuger and "Liar's Club" do not belong in the same post! GO CODY, MY FRIEND! (I'll be picking up the sand soon) TTC

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL!I wish I was lyin....trust me,I wish it was all a bad dream,but its been two years and its not shown.She just took "safe keeping",to a whole new level!
Terry,thanks my friend :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Dang Kuger, You are the man,,,!!!:thumbsup:
Grandma, without a doubt hid that gold for safe keeping or had a safe deposit box.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you know i was joking! I feel your pain.

:icon_thumleft:

Yea,Gray,we checked all of the local banks for that reason,never heard her speak of one or found a key?She never showed up with a new Caddy or anything either so I keep the hope alive t will surface again someday? :dontknow:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Might be time to fire up the dectector and do a perimter search. I had a friend who's grandmother passed and while going through some things, my friend felt compelled to search through some books. First book yielded four one hundred dollar bills. By the time he went through all the books he was several thousand ahead. You might want to see if it may have been hidden in some personal effects. Best of luck on your search

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For many,many years my grandma would take my big gold for safe keeping cause she was just sure I would sell and spend it(she came from a long line of miners)well when she died the box I thought all that gold was in was empty!!!Still have not found it....probably 30 + ounces worth of big gold!

I'm not the kind of man that would say something bad about another mans MawMaw .
They probably got some kinda designated room in hell for guys that go off on Moms and
MawMaws . But dang Kuger .............. she could'a left a note or such . ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread