Looking for a micro sluice/blue bowl in Kansas

steveouke

Jun 12, 2012
Rose Hill, KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 with 8 x 11 DD, Garrett PP, Lesche Digging tool, Sampson shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have brought my dirt back from Colorado and ran through a couple pans. Without luck.. I'm wondering if I am missing some fines. I would like to find someone who has a micro sluice or blue bowl that would be willing to help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have fines in your concentrates, a Blue Bowl will get them. If you were on the Arkansas River and you used a sluice with hungarian riffles, you might have blown all your fines out of the sluice.

OP
OP
steveouke

steveouke

Jun 12, 2012
Rose Hill, KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 with 8 x 11 DD, Garrett PP, Lesche Digging tool, Sampson shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nugget, I didn't use a sluice while in Colorado. I just panned while there and brought some dirt back with me. I'm just afraid that I'm missing the fines.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steveouke,
If you were just panning there is a good chance that unless you hit a good pocket you may not find much gold to begin with since the volume of material you worked would be so low. You may only have a dozen or so colors per five gal bucket of dirt, or you may have alot more. Panning is a slow way to build a poke.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where I work in the Arkansas River the gold can be so fine I would describe it as feathery. I found that the most abundant gold is the flood gold that is deposited and moved each year. I get my MD-20 and probe the downstream side of rocks, and when I get either a beep for gold or a "boing" for black sand accumulation, I dig just the imediate area right behind the rock. Don't go deeper than the rock, this is just targeting the temporary flood gold right behind the rock. Then run the material in a low water velocity sluice like a Grizzly Sluice III, or a Gold Cradle. You'll get more fine gold than you know what to do with. When I use my Blue Bowl, I run a cup of concentrates like normal. Then, after it washes out the light stuff and the black sand, your left with the visible gold by the center cone. Turn off the water, snuffer that, then turn the water valve really high. The sudden current will make your Blue Bowl dislodge and push fines that got stuck on the bottom, and you'll only really see them when they start moving in wave twords the center cone. They are only visible when they are clustered together. Do this several times. Also you have to use a flashlight or a headlamp to actually see the fines.

Last edited:

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use one of these when I run my blue bowl, it really helps!! Harbor tool and freight $34.99 :icon_thumright:
image_11371.jpg

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a great idea! I need to get one of those.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread