Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: where to look for gold in texas

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2013
    Weimar,Tx.
    Mine Lab x-terra 705 and Bounty Hunter Lone Star
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    just keep at it you are on to something I am not saying there is not gold in Texas just not big nuggets. I am sure they have to be out there maybe the Devil's Backbone or around Round Rock I was just told today that in Harwood,Texas they are going to drill some core samples out of where an old mine shaft once was they came upon it by accident drilling for oil when gold was found on there drill not a lot of it but the company wants to drill more they told this farmer guy in Harwood.

us
    Mar 2017
    Ellinger, TX
    Whites DFX
    8 times
    Gold does exist in Texas. A few miles northeast of Brady Texas is a rock-walled creek where I found 3 small nuggets in the flowing water. I have been wanting to return with my metal detector but am getting too old to make the trip. Also, I was stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso for many years, in my spare time I would hike in the Franklin mountains. I found an old man-dug 'cave', albeit small, but it too has small gold nuggets mixed in with other rock, maybe quartz? Anyway, you go in from the west side on the Trans-mountain highway, and walk from the park there to a saddle in the ridge, walking eastward. From the saddle, looking down toward the east, you can see the place I am talking about, but it is hidden and I covered it back as I found it, with rocks and brush. I'm sure if I were to dig there I would find large amounts of gold, seeing how I found small amounts just laying all around when I first uncovered the site. I don't think gold exists in Texas like it does in Arizona or Utah, but it is definitely there.

us
    Mar 2017
    Ellinger, TX
    Whites DFX
    8 times
    TexasGoldHunter, Do you still do a lot of metal detecting? I see you are from Weimar. I was wondering if you ever metal detected around the old New Bielau dance hall that burned down a few years ago. That dance hall was there since at least the early 1900's if not longer and would be a great place to find old coins. Also, on the Strunk place outside of Oakland, Butch found an old Mexican saber back in the 70's, supposedly from Santa Anna's men lost as they were traveling back to Mexico. Gold was supposedly also lost in the mud along the creek there to be recovered later, but since Santa Anna was defeated, the gold was never recovered.

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1110 times
    Prospecting

where to look for gold in texas

2.9 grams of Texas shine it's not easy to find a good spot but it can be done.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491772296.917207.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	896.8 KB 
ID:	1437339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491772322.518756.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	784.4 KB 
ID:	1437340
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

us
    Mar 2017
    Ellinger, TX
    Whites DFX
    8 times
    I assume that is from the Llano area? Nice strike! There is gold outside of Smithville also.

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1110 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuck View Post
    I assume that is from the Llano area? Nice strike! There is gold outside of Smithville also.
    Not even close to the Lano area
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

us
    Mar 2017
    Ellinger, TX
    Whites DFX
    8 times
    Well, you must have hit on an unknown gold area. It could be a great find, so keep it secret. I found gold when I worked at a gravel pit back when I was in high school. We had it tested and they said it was gold, but one other guy and I never told anyone about where we got it from. I always planned to return one day and pan some, but never did. It is in Colorado County. Texas.

us
    Stanley

Jan 2018
    Spring, Texas
    2 times
    Hey Dan,
    I have been researching this as well. I have found a few places where it is possible, and it maybe 2hour three hour drive away. I have been reading about a few people that has found Gold in Texas. Not sure if any one has responded to you are if your still on. Send me an e-mail ill help you with what research that Iíve found. ssimons360@gmail.com.

Let chat.
    Stanley Simons
    Certified SSI Divemaster # 80450
    ssimons360@gmail.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links