All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not gold country--just a few scattered micro finds. Shastacascade.com will help ya close by with many great spots to see. Any particuliar reason Goose Lake??John

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going with a few friends for obsidian. in Davis creak. and i thought well since i am there. i could see if there was gold around too.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Not gold country but there is good rockhounding up there. Nice camping spots north of Davis Creek. Hit the Forest Service office in Lakeview for a map.
North of Plush, Oregon is 40 acres of BLM land to camp on and hunt for sunstones.
There are other spots near Cedarville. Check out the rockhounding books for locations.

HH
Steve

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent for obsidian, including rainbow, snowflake, gold and silver sheen, royal purple, etc. Sorry, no gold.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....make sure you know the poundage limits of obsidian....Pizz fer willy will get ya

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K SAY WHAT???? Limit on poundage???? Myne gott I dare not even think of what silly crappola will be next???John

StevenHavillJr

Jul 15, 2012
Canyon Lake, Texas
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital and Garret Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am here in Southern Cali near the beach. Would love to go somewhere and pan for gold just no transportation at the moment, and the drive out anywhere is about 2-3 hours.:sadsmiley:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K SAY WHAT???? Limit on poundage???? Myne gott I dare not even think of what silly crappola will be next???John

Not kiddin ya John.....there is a "Rotund",enforcement officer at Davis Crk. too and she will check you!Last time I was up,we went to Glass Butte from there and found we were on claimed ground!!(claimed for obsidian)

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am here in Southern Cali near the beach. Would love to go somewhere and pan for gold just no transportation at the moment, and the drive out anywhere is about 2-3 hours.:sadsmiley:
If i want a gold trip from here in Vancouver WA it is atleast a 6 hour trip unless i go to Quartz ville then its ONLY 3.5 hours. this time it will be a 7 hour drive for the gold and then another 5 hour drive after that for Obsidian and then an 8 hour trip home.

USTiger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread