Gold Bug II Help

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Posted this in the Service Section with no response. Thought I would post it here. I have a gold bug II it seems to work fine except with gold it aint much good. I and a friend went nugget shooting. He also has a GBII. I have a nugget I use for tests. After ground balance I am only able to pick the nugget up at about 2 inches. However my buddy with his gold bug II he is able to pick the nugget up at 8-10 inches. Even if he tunes both machines. What kind of problem might this be? I spent 4 days in good nugget country and never found a speck! However I found all kinds of trash.
Stumped any help would be apprciated.
Rut

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Install fresh batteries and try switching your coil with his. If you get the same poor results then it will have to be sent in to the factory.

Good luck with that,
GG~

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen a switcheroo is in order as thats not right. Did you miss one of the the tuning buttons somwhere?? Tiny 7.5 inch coil ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If all else fails, wait for Woof to get to you. I own a GB2 and swear by it. You'll be ok. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread