Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was also curious as to why they didn't tie a rope to the front of the boat and/or lend the guy a hand getting up the rapids.

Eureka!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was impressed when Todd realized just how trouble they were into at one point. The jungle is a rough place, Im sure there is things they couldnt put on tv. As for the Alaska show, its hard not to watch. The equipment they are breaking daily cost more than the gold recovery? Definitely made for tv show. They would be better of panning the creek. Bet that water is cold, even in the summer. There is some stuff for noobs to learn from the show.

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What they don't seem to understand. Is that they don't always need to stop running material when some flange breaks on the derocker or when something so minuscule happens. Every moment counts in the Alaskan mining game. Bad leadership and even worse teammates can easily end it or shorten the season. I do not like the Hoffmans at all. I have my sorted reasons and don't need to share such negative opinions about them on here. All I have to say is. . . Do some research on the Hoffmans and their lives in Sandy, Oregon.

Eureka!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont watch much TV anymore, no entertainment or educational values. I do enjoy the Gold Rush series and all the other programs. I dont see em sampling what is falling out of the bottom of the sluice, or even a second sluice under there to make sure they have it set up right. I think they would want to make adjustments for different kinds of dirt and clay. Im sure a good experienced team could come behind them and clean up. Now working the Jungle is a different animal, and I dont see that series getting off the ground.

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree. . . Agree. . . Agree. Will post later with a better response. Im on the road now and my phone is about to poop and there's no wayside for cell phones. :)

Eureka!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread