Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that they think they are sourdoughs but only know just enough to be dangerous it promises to be an entertaining season.
Just like in Alaska and the Yukon, I'm sure that they have no idea of what they are getting themselves into so let the adventure begin.......

GG~

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if they uproot, is the series going to be year round? I don't know how that would work(year round or not), there is something about them being in Alaska that gives it an "I could do that" aspect. It makes you want to root for them. South America seems more far fetched and takes the "everyman" out of it.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm taking it this was just a one show deal.

They went in, they screwed up, they got in trouble,
they ran for their lives, & everything fit in this one night special :happysmiley:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there will be plenty more of the "what not to do" lessons they will learn from this latest adventure of theirs. :laughing7:

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was a cool trip and fun to see but that's a BIG under taking... I would love to do it myself but I don't have million's it would take to do it.... LOL, heck I can barely afford to go on 1 trip a year!!! I know I would kill to be in their shoes, and I would bet that there's not one prospector here that would love to be in their shoes.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's up to the deep pocket network to decide if they want to back the undertaking.
I think they will jump on the chance to promote their #1 show because the adventure aspect alone will create a larger viewing audience.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next year Tod gets an Invitation to gold mine the former queen of Nigeria's Back yard in an Email,
and the Crew & producers follow :laughing7:

Seriously though I have to respect the sense of adventure.
in my teens & twenties I wouldn't have thought twice about doing those things,
but when I hit my 30's at least a little common sense (fear of embarrassing myself :tongue3: )
that I may have to face the fact I may not be Indiana jones & immortal
has stunted my sense of adventure a bit 8-)

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospecting down there sounds easy. Get the claims that have been worked and process their tailings.

Ya think the rich mine owner could buy a pair of rubber gloves?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well youll never know untill you go! i got to give them that! i cant beleive Tod is that dumb to make a major mistake like that again! they could bearly walk into the site and now they want to bring in all their equipment through that mud? maybe if the helo dropped it in,but.......dont discovery channel have helos for them guys??they shouldwith all the money theyre wasting on everything else!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well youll never know untill you go! i got to give them that! i cant beleive Tod is that dumb to make a major mistake like that again! they could bearly walk into the site and now they want to bring in all their equipment through that mud? maybe if the helo dropped it in,but.......dont discovery channel have helos for them guys??they shouldwith all the money theyre wasting on everything else!

I wouldn't be surprised if everything was shot on the edge of Town
just for Drama. and to show what
it could have been like had they actually hoofed it.
& if they ever even stepped foot on the piece of land,
it was done by Copter.

I know if I had a professional Camera crew,
I could probably produce a hair raising adventure into the jungle
without leaving the mountain I live on.
especially if I had mountains of Disc. channel file footage :laughing7:
you definitely have to have trust that TV producers have scrupels
and wouldn't lie for ratings :thumbsup:

check out some of the camera angles on these shows.
especially when they claim to be alone,
& the cameras are catching them from different positions,
panning & zooming in & out at the right times.

They either have cameras lined along the river, are pacing them with a boat,
or chopper, have vehicles on the highway that
runs along the river, Or have booms with a camera and are at one single spot.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laughed my arse off as Hoffman squealed my underwear is wet and I wanna go home--such a farce anal idjet-John

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
A friend of mine use to prospect in South America. Last flight out, their plane got shot up on take off. He will not go back and he ain't no coward.

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would have much rather seen them stay where they were last year and continue on block 3 or whatever they were going to do this year. Jeeze, can't they stay put for more than one season?

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have much rather seen them stay where they were last year and continue on block 3 or whatever they were going to do this year. Jeeze, can't they stay put for more than one season?
Since they can only work during the summer, this other would give them more shows. Not that I'd call what they do 'working'.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems that the grass is always greener somewhere else.

Yep,thats part of gold fever and what plagued the Yankies in the Calif Gold Rush!!!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Looked like Keene got a pretty good bump, Todd had a Keene backpack, and their logo was displayed front and center on the highbanker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread