Bering Sea Gold: Under the Ice | Premiering Friday, Aug 24, 2012 at 9PM e/p on Discov

thegoldgopher

Greenie
Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hope I did this right, and this is in answer to the "submarine you can wear", as this suit is called. It was called a "newt suit" for decades, because it is neutrally bouyant in water. I saw one being used the other night on a special on diving on the Lusitania to see if it had been hit by a torpedo, and if it was carrying banned munitions, as Germany declared.

The newt suits have been in use a lot now, I had exposure to them in the 1970's. Oceaneering, Int'l. was doing a lot of the technical on the diving on the Lusitania. A guy can get into one, go down to a pretty good depth, IIRC, in the 500' range, pop back to the surface, and exit the suit with absolutely no decompression because he is held at surface pressure.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's for sure scripted along with duck dynasty, pawn stars, and all the gold shows. If you watch it long enough you can call what's going to happen. Like when they thought they put the camera Down, Come on now, fake city. You would remember if you put the camera down.
But the final straw was the dousing rods with pomrinke. I believe in the rods, but did anybody notice the blocks of ice that were already cut before zeke got there? Of course he's going to start finding gold, discovery sent people down there to make sure it was a good spot. Oh well is it Friday yet? Lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's for sure scripted along with duck dynasty, pawn stars, and all the gold shows. If you watch it long enough you can call what's going to happen. Like when they thought they put the camera Down, Come on now, fake city. You would remember if you put the camera down.
But the final straw was the dousing rods with pomrinke. I believe in the rods, but did anybody notice the blocks of ice that were already cut before zeke got there? Of course he's going to start finding gold, discovery sent people down there to make sure it was a good spot. Oh well is it Friday yet? Lol

:occasion14:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain then skeptics how they SCRIPTED that young divers death then....now THATS a reality show and reality check on this forum-John

thegoldgopher

Greenie
Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw an ad for someone who had deep pockets who wanted to finance an operation, but can not find it now. Is the ad still up?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain then skeptics how they SCRIPTED that young divers death then....now THATS a reality show and reality check on this forum-John

Zekes buddy John?He shot himself

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did he die on the show ?

I know I never said the whole thing is scripted but most of the time there are no deaths, or real near deaths,

so they need it pretend on occasion also .

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no he died just a week or so ago

OP
OP
J

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to John Patrick Bunce on bearing sea gold? ? - Yahoo! Answers

John was a great friend of mine. I met him here in Nome 4 years ago and he worked for me at Alaska Gold's Rock Creek Mine. Last Friday night, I met him at the bar and we had a few drinks, catching up. He asked me if I was watching the show and I know but promised I would. We parted ways about 11:30 PM. Around 3:30 or 4:00 AM on Saturday morning, he died of a fatal gunshot wound to the head. He was a great guy and had so much going for him. He will truly be missed.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark ??? was the one I was refering to,never even heard of this fella ,bummer RIP as good miners in short supply-John-

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark ??? was the one I was refering to,never even heard of this fella ,bummer RIP as good miners in short supply-John-

which one was Mark?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
love the show sorry to hear about your friend..

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovery has often been blamed for scripting their shows recently. Especially Gold Rush with the Hoffman crew. It seems they throw some twists in the shows to keep people glued to it. I don't think the shows are scripted too much but I do think they find unique ways to keep us guessing about what's going to happen next.

Eureka!!

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Scripted or not, I want to see more gold on the show. I swear they treat gold on these shows like its nudity. Just let my eyes marinate in the shine of the raw pure gold Show me more of the good stuff and less drama. Pretty please with a shot of better rating on top of it.

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I feel the same. But they only get what they find.
1. The Hoffmans are always grabbing straws and pray too much. Kind like the Forrest Gumps of mining.
2. Freddie was told by Earl Foster that he thinks there is alot of gold and from what we seen at the end of last season. They just tapped into the ancient waterfall/honey-hole and I feel they hit did indeed find it.
3. The Schnabels (Big Nugget Mine) were still trying to find the next pay streak.

As far as the Bering Sea Gold guys. They aren't going deep enough in the floor to get the bigger nuggets. I bet they could find CHUNKERS or hand-size pieces if they had 2 guys diving at a time. One guy to move the boulders and the other to run the hose. But, what do I know about common sense and knowing how to MacGyver a tough situation? If I only had the money for the claims and equipment to show them how to be rock stars in the mining gig.

Eureka!!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know BrutalBeck, from my barcalounger I think you're right about going deeper.

Also why not drag the dive barge out on the ice to begin with and not have to worry about the ice melt? just my 2 zincolns.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I understand they can only show what they find. But they don't show you it, they let you get a peek and then it's gone. I would love it if they started naming and showing the nice nuggets or pickets they find.

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They spend too much time on the drama. We get the point and most of us here on Tnet understand the dredge operation. The audience, for the most of them, do not. I don't always think they are honest about the totals they have and I it seems to me that some gold is put under the table. IMO

Eureka!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread