I Curse Winter

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
I went up to my land in the mountains this afternoon and was very unhappy to find the ground frozen at the higher evelations
Oh how i hate winter.... I guess thats one of the only reasons I would move to the U.S.
Prospecting all year down south. I just had to take this time to cry out
But i did get a chance to scout out some crevices in a canyon further downstream and the semi-frozen water really shows the
areas where the current slows and speeds up nicely... If i only had a dredge...
As it was getting dark and i really needed to head home i broke through some ice and pulled up a couple shovels full of clay from under the water... maybe if i had thought of this earlier... but i did find some flour gold so yay! i actually have some promising places for the spring

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you left the great free Canada for the US you'd be cursing the bureauratz,environutz,and numerous regulatory agencies!! Winter is a great time to fix equipment,work on your truck,process cons/ore,do research for next year, and reflect on whats dear to you---like great heathcare and on and on!! My bud has dual citizenship--best of both worlds and we ARE a neighbor BUT a world apart in platitudes and attitudes!!Tons a au 2 u2 -John

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
remember that I said prospecting in the winter would be probably the only reason I would move to the U.S. . don't get me wrong I know how good I've got it here and yeah I really don't like the beareaucratics and nutz down there but the people are nice. I went to university for a year down there and talk about red tape! I do like the health care, my brother broke his arm in hawaii at college and it took all day and 700 dollars to get it fixed, he literally could have flown to vancouver and got it fixed in canada for the time it took and to pay 4 a plane ticket. I appreciate the U.S. too though and it would probably be my 2nd choice of country to live in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread