Is there Gold in Hawaii?

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
I am going to Hawaii next week and i read in the GPAA guide that there are unconfirmed reports of gold in the Hawaiian Islands
I never thought to pan there, but im thinking about taking a fold up shovel and a pan just in case i can get my but off the beach and find a creek
I'll be on the Island of Maui if thats any help...I wonder what the laws are about that there?

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've panned and detected Kauai,Oahu, and Maui and not found anything. But them are some huge islands and I never found any quartz???Tons a au 2 u 2-John ???

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
U never cease to amaze me with your plethora of knowledge and experiences
I think this will be my 5th or 6th time to Maui but this will be the first time ive been there since i started prospecting
so i have a few creeks and streams that are out of the way i really wanna give a go at
makes me shiver in anticipation of going to california in a month too. I know its not the best time of year to go to north and central Cali but its the only time of year i can get away and i have plans for the north in summer so yeah i guess thats off topic

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
So im back from Maui
I was traveling with my family so getting away to pan was difficult
On the day we went to the rain forest side of the island where all the streams and creeks are
It was raining and the creeks became raging torrential rivers so it wasnt safe to go anywhere near the water
I was too engrossed in snorkeling, hiking and diving to get another chance to pan
It will have to wait till next time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread