Underwater Sniping n00b sharing some vids and my story. :) - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Underwater Sniping n00b sharing some vids and my story. :)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Ahh cool, when I was a kid in the early 90's I went to school for a year in Lakehead off Antler School Rd.

I lived in Redding from the mid 90's all the way til 02', I really wish I had started this way back when.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Heya everyone;

I made a Gold Sniping Page on Facebook and would like anyone that wants to share stories, pics and video's to check it out and friend me on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/103548246469377/

Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Here is my most recent video.
    We are pretty much done with this area and its time to move on to the next.

Fullpan likes this.

Underwater Sniper n00b

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5312 times
    Prospecting
    Nothin' quite as much fun as snipin' gold, underwater, from the bedrock. Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks Lanny, it is a ton of fun, till you run out of fresh bedrock. lol

Between my wife my myself we have a little over an ounce not counting nuggets and specimens.
    Not bad seeing that the 5th of next month will mark 2 months of doing this a couple times a week a couple hours at a time.

That list trip filled my 1/2 ounce vial of fine gold up all the way.

We separate chunky pickers from fine stuff, the nuggets and specimens also get their own vials.
    Lanny in AB likes this.

Underwater Sniper n00b

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5312 times
    Prospecting
    Glad to see it's paying off. Some of the best memories I have of prospecting have been made while I was out sniping.

We were dredging one season, and I saw a bedrock shelf with a bedrock fall to the side of where I was working. I detached myself from the harness (very turbulent water) and worked my way over to the shelf and fall. Right there, grinning at me in the sunshine were two gram+ nuggets trapped in that fall! Well, of course I quickly liberated them and gave them a new home in my plastic bottle.

All the best,

Lanny

Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Awesome story Lanny, always great to find nuggets.

Here is my summer's hauler for the 2 months (Well about a month and a half of a hand full of days.)

Lots of small nuggets, good specimens, great clinkers and smaller flakes.

Close Ups.

Underwater Sniper n00b

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Who says you need drugs to get high

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullpan View Post
    Who says you need drugs to get high
    I KNOW! RIGHT?!

Each little flake is packed with endorphins and adrenaline!

My wife says its like Super Mario pounding the blocks for Gold Coins "BRRRING BRRRING!" ONE UP!

Honey Hole!

Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Got another video for ya guys, this time I am testing out a Keene A52 sluice box.

Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Oct 2009
    7700 times
    Nice video. That's an awesome result for a single bucket!

You are correct that your flow was a little too strong through the sluice. The hardest part about sluicing is getting it setup just right. Just remember, there are WAY more fines than big stuff. Letting the fines blow out is wasting money. But I'd be happy with your results!

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks, we do pretty well in this area because in part it still being something of a secret, not many people coming down that I have seen, maybe 1 - 2 new tire trails each time we go back.

I figured that I had too much water going through but I was losing light quick and wanted to get 1 bucket through.
    I was having a bit of trouble cutting the flow down without having the front rise on one side or the other and making a dry spot. :/

Thanks again.

Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Oct 2009
    7700 times
    Yep, setup can be a pain at times. Next time you go, if you have more time for setup, play with it a little. Sluice angle and water speed are inter-related. Faster water needs a flatter angle and vise versa. You may have to spend time building a wing dam to channel more water flow, or you may need to build a flow dam to slow it down. pile up rocks for your sluice base so that you can change angle by adding a little more to the front or back.

From what I have found, the best setup should take a 2 or 3 seconds for a scoop of material to clear off the flare. This may not be enough to keep bigger rocks from stopping, which is why pre-classification is important. Your gold (while big) seems quite flat. Small flat gold can soar down a sluice like a kite if you have too much flow. After setting up how you like, you should run a couple buckets, and then test-pan you tailings. If you are finding gold in it, you need to change things a litte and try again.

I'm sure you knew most of this, but I thought I would give a full explanation to help others who are just starting out.

Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
    Got another video for ya guys, this time I am testing out a Keene A52 sluice box.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OR1MlXneFo
    Great video, thanks Neo. May I ask what county you are in, CA? Seems northern CA. Lucky!

Love to prospect with you sometime bro. Learn the ropes of sniping Invite.. Invite... Lol.

I have the Keene A52, that sluice is heavier than most but it catches everything. Can't tell you the micro gold it holds. Pretty reliable. And a fast clean out. I changed mine a bit. I will take a pic later and post it. I lined the entire front metal part, with the keene black matting. This way it's very very easy to inspect and determine if your on some color. I do a quick clean ups and usually just bring home the cons if I n ow I'm on gold.. If I'm not to sure, I pan it there at the location.

If I take my cons home, I use the Keene Super concentrator. Run it through there. Move a 5 gallon bucket of cons in 5 minutes. Then I pan out the material stuck in the super concentrator. Usually only one pan full! And bam..yur dun.. The super concentrator only lost one piece of micro pepper when I tested the material I ran. I got this concentrator at a pawn show luckily for $100 bucks, lol. Look around, great deals out there.. I will post a video of the Keene super con when I get to my computer, havjng trouble putting the vids up on my iPhone..
    Last edited by mellowyellow; Oct 09, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowyellow

Great video, thanks Neo. May I ask what county you are in, CA? Seems northern CA. Lucky!

Love to prospect with you sometime bro. Learn the ropes of sniping Invite.. Invite... Lol.

I have the Keene A52, that sluice is heavier than most but it catches everything. Can't tell you the micro gold it holds. Pretty reliable. And a fast clean out. I changed mine a bit. I will take a pic later and post it. I lined the entire front metal part, with the keene black matting. This way it's very very easy to inspect and determine if your on some color. I do a quick clean ups and usually just bring home the cons if I n ow I'm on gold.. If I'm not to sure, I pan it there at the location.

If I take my cons home, I use the Keene Super concentrator. Run it through there. Move a 5 gallon bucket of cons in 5 minutes. Then I pan out the material stuck in the super concentrator. Usually only one pan full! And bam..yur dun.. The super concentrator only lost one piece of micro pepper when I tested the material I ran. I got this concentrator at a pawn show luckily for $100 bucks, lol. Look around, great deals out there.. I will post a video of the Keene super con when I get to my computer, havjng trouble putting the vids up on my iPhone..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-917668071.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	505.8 KB 
ID:	685736

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2516105787.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	685737

Here's a few pics, noting special , but riveted a few clamps on the sides to hold a pry 36in pry bat and a shovel. The mat works well, very easy to see the color right where u are dropping the material. Cheers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links