Found This old Lode Mine while out Prospecting.

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• mine1.jpg
    mine1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 292
  • mine2.jpg
    mine2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 268
  • mine3.jpg
    mine3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 203
  • mine5.jpg
    mine5.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 191
  • mine6.jpg
    mine6.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doesnt look like any portal I have ever seen

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a oven. Never seen one like that. It being old would just work outside of it.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
doesnt look like any portal I have ever seen

I looked at this post earlier this evening . I didn't want to be the naysayer since he said
he "knew it was a producing gold mine " . But since you done said it first I guess it want make
no difference if I pile on now :laughing7: . I think you got some bad info Tridge . Even with just the
pics to go by ....... to be honest ....... most guys in the AL.GA.NC.SC. areas would know better .

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad Info,unless of course the U.S.G.S doesn't know what they are talking about!! Yesterday I posted pics of a large piece of quartz with pyrite that I got from there that my MD hit on.Area is littered with huge quartz tailing piles and blast pits,pretty good placer gold in the creek adjacent to the mine as well.Just Waiting for it to cool down and kill off some of the dense vegetation so I can get out there to do some real work!!

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like anything I have ever seen either..that's why I was trying to get input.Inside the part that resembles an oven there is a steel bar that u can barely see in the pictures,thought this could possibly be maybe an ore hoist of some sort.According to U.S.G.S M.R.D.S,MINDAT,and any other site that gives specific gps coordinates,puts this mine exactly where I was at.Coincidence maybe,I don't think so!!Maybe us guys in N.C should know better though right??

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
Why couldnt it be a furnace associated with working ore? Not a mine entrance though. In any event the top of the arch is about to cave in.

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think its a furnace,there are no signs of incomplete combustion a.k.a smoke stains on anything around the area.There is a shaft rt beside this opening that is visible through an opening in the rocks.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it was where the explosives were stored. A guess. TTC

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
On the steel bar,if there no sort of cranking device how would they lift the bucket?Couldn't imagine anyone having a powder house adjacent to the shaft.As far as entering a 259 ft. shaft.The loudest sound you'll likely hear won't be from your detector but your own scream as you tumble into eternity.Interesting site and when the debris is cleared away should provide answers and artifacts..if not some nice species.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Tridge, If I were you, I would be Metal Detecting those Tailing Piles.

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea,I have a bit..found several pieces of quartz with pyrite but no gold yet!!See my other post with pictures of some of the specimens I collected from this site.I appreciate everyones input!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread