WHAT TO DO WITH BLACK SAND???

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Wes bradley

Mar 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do u sell it after u have everything u need to show everything is in order ..who do I contact..

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m actually building a sand collector currently. Basically a large funnel with a valve and motor to shake everything. Hoping to concentrate the heavies to the bottom and then crack the valve to let them out the bottom. I’m in Ohio, we have tons of black sands, lots of super fine gold, silver and some other bright silver flakes, not sure what they are. I figured I’d get a fair amount, roast them and then smelt them. It’s worth a shot!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m actually building a sand collector currently. Basically a large funnel with a valve and motor to shake everything. Hoping to concentrate the heavies to the bottom and then crack the valve to let them out the bottom. I’m in Ohio, we have tons of black sands, lots of super fine gold, silver and some other bright silver flakes, not sure what they are. I figured I’d get a fair amount, roast them and then smelt them. It’s worth a shot!
I'm sceptical of the vibration idea. Hook a water supply to the outlet of the funnel. You can regulate the water flow and create a fluid bed of sorts to concentrate the black sands, gold, etc. in the neck and a small area above it. Classifying all feed to like sizes will make the process most efficient.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sceptical of the vibration idea. Hook a water supply to the outlet of the funnel. You can regulate the water flow and create a fluid bed of sorts to concentrate the black sands, gold, etc. in the neck and a small area above it. Classifying all feed to like sizes will make the process most efficient.

Good luck.

I agree. I do have plans to build u trap in place. Allowing me to add water from the bottom. Less vibration and more a side to side shearing motion, like from a motor with a of center plate mounted to the frame of the unit and the vessel. Should in theory act like the stratification action of a pan. I plan to weld some studs inside the vessel as well, something the material has to work around to avoid clumping.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions