finally get to go panning saturday in sc

uknation

Sep 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am new to panning and I get my new gold pan friday. So Saturday I am going to get to it. I know there is gold here in south carolina. I have been watching videos for a while now and people keep pulling gold out of the creeks here. I mean like the first shovel, thats so awesome. I haven't even been yet and I got the fever. I know that it is not likely to find a nugget my first time but some color would be nice. Since I can't go now I have been researching spots and how to study the creek for about a month now. I think I have found some nice spots. If anyone in the rock hill area can give me advice it would be greatly appreciated. If not I will post my finds on Saturday to let you see what I found.

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unless you really know exactly where to go and exactly what to do--it's tough to get gold on the first shovelful of dirt! So, take the videos you're watching with that understanding and realize that you'll probably be moving a lot of dirt when you start out to find a little gold. However, when you learn the basics and actually start to find it, that's when the magic happens.

All the best, and welcome to the great chase,

Lanny

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
good luck bring lots of water...

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
Im not far from you. Be sure to reasearch which areas of which rivers are gold bearing. This is known info folks arent always quick to tell you but geologic surveys from the library will. In our area its not likely to find much more than flakes with a pan or sluice, but flakes are still fun. To go after the bigger stuff you really need a dredge, or to learn how to snipe the exposed bedrock. Researching where historic mines were is another good way to find productive streams. When I started off panning I took a couple buckets with me to take home and pan to maximise time in the field. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions