Gold Fever Tom Massie made me do it...DONT TELL With pictures

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Fever Tom Massie made me do it...DON'T TELL With pictures

So I guess I have a secret.... Tom Massie was one of my boyhood heroes......and even now I guess I don't dislike him all that much. I got hooked onthe American West for two reasons 1. I'm an amercan male ...Duh! and two growing up 1977 to 1992ish My granpa was a lead electrician at Knotts Berry Farm and my dad worked there for a while too. I was there A LOT and the Ghost Town was my absolute favorite place...back then it was totally different then it is now. More like a museum of things awesome and western plus i had backstage access. I had an interest in mines when i was young and probablly panned my first time there when i was like five. Then in 4th grade like 1986 some off the GPAA from the home chapter in Temecula, Ca. came up a young Tom and others and a bunch of gear came to my school near Perris. Showed us how Hibankers worked we panned and they told us there was gold in the hills near us, The Good Hope Pinnacatte Districts, and in Gavillan Hills wich was our stomping grounds. From sixth grade on we made regular "prospecting" trips to those hills and more so when we could drive.It is surprising the artifacts and mining evidence that was still there...and sadly now just 20+ years later most of it is gone there is BLM down there though(or was maybe swapped now) anyways GPAA is wahat gave me the fever way back then and i will now share some pictures of some of the materials i have collected over the years to help me try and calm that fever enjoy.....and sorry for coming of kinda negative to a few of the fellas recently..

Attachments

• books 015.JPG
    books 015.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 304
  • books 016.JPG
    books 016.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 297
  • books 018.JPG
    books 018.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 247
  • books 019.JPG
    books 019.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 163
  • books 020.JPG
    books 020.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin...I too was thinking that the library might not be the right place to donate them to. I'm fairly new up here in Montana and have not yet gotten in touch with any clubs yet. Hopefully this summer I will be able to do that.

I've seen issues of some mags on ebay over the years but was never sure if they sold on that site or not....so....I never pursued that avenue. Wish I could squeak out enough dough to put into Tnet and upgrade my membership. I am going to work on that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions