Gold Fever Tom Massie made me do it...DONT TELL With pictures

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Fever Tom Massie made me do it...DON'T TELL With pictures

So I guess I have a secret.... Tom Massie was one of my boyhood heroes......and even now I guess I don't dislike him all that much. I got hooked onthe American West for two reasons 1. I'm an amercan male ...Duh! and two growing up 1977 to 1992ish My granpa was a lead electrician at Knotts Berry Farm and my dad worked there for a while too. I was there A LOT and the Ghost Town was my absolute favorite place...back then it was totally different then it is now. More like a museum of things awesome and western plus i had backstage access. I had an interest in mines when i was young and probablly panned my first time there when i was like five. Then in 4th grade like 1986 some off the GPAA from the home chapter in Temecula, Ca. came up a young Tom and others and a bunch of gear came to my school near Perris. Showed us how Hibankers worked we panned and they told us there was gold in the hills near us, The Good Hope Pinnacatte Districts, and in Gavillan Hills wich was our stomping grounds. From sixth grade on we made regular "prospecting" trips to those hills and more so when we could drive.It is surprising the artifacts and mining evidence that was still there...and sadly now just 20+ years later most of it is gone there is BLM down there though(or was maybe swapped now) anyways GPAA is wahat gave me the fever way back then and i will now share some pictures of some of the materials i have collected over the years to help me try and calm that fever enjoy.....and sorry for coming of kinda negative to a few of the fellas recently..

Attachments

• books 015.JPG
    books 015.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 304
  • books 016.JPG
    books 016.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 297
  • books 018.JPG
    books 018.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 247
  • books 019.JPG
    books 019.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 163
  • books 020.JPG
    books 020.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So can i post bigger pics ? we used to be able too? some of thes old books a real cool and i wish you could see better..

Attachments

• books 028.JPG
    books 028.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 208
  • books 026.JPG
    books 026.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 236
  • books 023.JPG
    books 023.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 168
  • books 022.JPG
    books 022.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whos the guy in the red flannel shirt?

Attachments

• books 029.JPG
    books 029.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 425
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some of my favorites are the smaller localized books....my oldest book is the 1933 issued mining facts books....printed and for sale during the depression for the Bacon and Beans Snipers .........

Attachments

• books 031.JPG
    books 031.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 192
  • books 032.JPG
    books 032.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 174
  • books 033.JPG
    books 033.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 159
  • books 035.JPG
    books 035.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 203
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lots of usgs reports and dept of mining reports......years of ICMJ and Gold Prospector...and i have ready everything at least twelve times....

Attachments

• books 036.JPG
    books 036.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 193
  • books 027.JPG
    books 027.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 223

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you use a free external hosting site like photobucket.com, you can post full-sized pictures by pasting in the link at the bottom of the dialogue box that drops down from the photo (the IMG code). Just sign up for a free account, download your photos and post away.

I'd love to see some bigger shots of those book covers.

All the best,

Lanny

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW nice collection. If you double click on the photos, they will open up in a box, sometimes when you double click on the box, it will enlarge the photos, It doesn't seem to want to do these, but I guess you could copy them to a folder, and edit them by zooming and saving.... Cool pics..

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Lanny i will try that....i just did it the way i used do here but,they wouldnt up load......i will try again later. i have some stuff to do before work today though.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats an awesome collection you have there. :)

Photobucket will let you go as large as 1024x768 standard.
Photobucket can be really laggy though and they have usage caps and lots of ads, I dont like them as much as I use to though I still have some photos and videos hosted with them.

I use flickr as my main gallery now.
It is also the same 1024x768 but you can choose small versions and also upload video's.
Flickr is always fast and has fewer ads.
There are also no data caps.
Flickr does limit your free account to 200 photos and video's though.

You can also upgrade to a Pro Account for $25/yr (Like I have) and post as large of a photo as you want, as many as you want and longer, larger video's.
I use flickr Pro because I am also a photographer so I like to have my full size images available to me online.

So if just for the free account or to upgrade to Pro, flickr is the best choice between the two.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your collection looks somewhat like mine does but you have a little more than me lol I know the fever

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quite a collection GW. I enjoy going through the older stuff. Never know what you'll learn. I still have many gold mags and various books even though I sold alot before I moved. Now I'm finding without a homebase carrying these around ain't cuttin it and they're just going to get ruined. Tried to sell then give them away but is looking like a trip to the library is in order.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, Dan but those are for the research library only. doubt I could replace most it. I think I have all ICJM from '82 to '92. When you move up here you can research allyou want:laughing7:

And I take back what I said about Tom Massie that dude bugs the crap out o me. I dvr'd a bunch of Goldfever and it is just plain difficult to watch, cause of the way he talks like everyone is 12. Then there was an episode where he as some were I new very well, He was calling it something else and just plain telling stories. People complain about the other gold shows but I think Goldfever is up there pretty fare in lameness level.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you think gold fever is bad, check out "fools gold" on animal planet.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think gold fever is bad, check out "fools gold" on animal planet.

Just heard it mentioned the other day heard it was pretty bad.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a collection GW. I enjoy going through the older stuff. Never know what you'll learn. I still have many gold mags and various books even though I sold alot before I moved. Now I'm finding without a homebase carrying these around ain't cuttin it and they're just going to get ruined. Tried to sell then give them away but is looking like a trip to the library is in order.

I'll pay shipping if you have anything I want

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sell em online or donate to local prospecting club but don't give to library unles you are **sure** they will keep em around for folks. Libraries toss out a lot of stuff they don't have room for.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Goldwasher on this one. I'd gladly pay to have you send some to me. You have anything that deals specifically with so cal, or even better the San diego area?

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, Kevin you stay outta this!:tongue3:

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okay I hear ya. I'm not a charter member yet and don't want to get anyones panties in a wad. I just commented on the fact that I have them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread