Gold Rush Returns

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOLD RUSH SEASON 3 PREMIERE
“Million Dollar Season”
Premieres Friday, October 26[SUP]th[/SUP] at 9PM E/P
It took two years to get here, but this season, four competing gold mining crews have made it to the big leagues.
After finding just 35 ounces of gold last year, worth about $56,000, 18-year-old Parker Schnabel has to prove to his grandfather, John Schnabel, that he’s got what it takes to be a real Alaskan gold miner. He takes on a new crew, new land and rebuilds his aging wash plant from the ground up. And it pays off. In one week he gets more gold out of Big Nugget than he got all last season. But can he keep up the momentum and turn a profit for the mine – and his grandpa?

Across the creek from Parker Schnabel is the Porcupine Creek mine, run by “Dakota Fred” Hurt and his son Dustin. And their plans are just as big. They pulled in 80.4 ounces in 2011, worth about $128,000, but that just whet their appetite. The weather turned last year just as they hit bedrock at the bottom of the glory hole – a spot thought to contain millions of dollars worth of gold. With a female miner joining the Dakota Boys this season, they excavate a 90-foot crater and deal with the effects of the worst winter in 50 years to get to the gold.

In their quest to find 1,000 ounces of gold this season, more than ten times the amount they found last season, the Hoffmans double down with two claims, two wash plants, twice the crew and twice the equipment. And at his insistence, Dave Turin leads the second mine, forcing the Hoffman crew to pick sides. Half of the original crew chooses to mine with Dave and the strategy pays off.

Between the two mines they break all previous gold counts – but the pressure to get to 1,000 ounces drives a wedge between the crews and it’s a battle of Team Todd and Team Turin for who can produce the most gold.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like we'll see some decent gold this time........ and more useless drama. :BangHead:

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please no more DRAMA with this show...just dig the gold please

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please no more DRAMA with this show...just dig the gold please
Not a chance.

Might as well watch Housewives. At least there's sometimes something good to look at.

I can't believe how completely bad under the ice was.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOLD RUSH SEASON 3 PREMIERE
“Million Dollar Season”

Across the creek from Parker Schnabel is the Porcupine Creek mine, run by “Dakota Fred” Hurt and his son Dustin. With a female miner joining the Dakota Boys this season,

Does she have a nose big enough to grab hold of & Sing opera ?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't stand the Hoffman's. They have no mining abilities, and if it wasn't for the money from the TV show, they would be starving.

The only way I can watch that crap is to DVR it and skip through the BS.....and it's mostly BS.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As much as I love to see the gold, I cant stand the drama.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I love this show, tho the more I watch it the more I dislike what gold mining does to people & the land. sometimes I wish we could just do without gold. but I know that won't happen. I fell in love with Parkers Grandpa. what a wonderful family they seem to be.
Duck Dynasty is my new favorite show! It reminds me of my hubby & his bros/ absolutely crazy fun!

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MamaBear,

Don't worry, it's not like the old days where the miners just walked away and left the land denuded. Nowadays there are regulations in place that require the land to be reclaimed, holes filled, and trees re-planted once the mining has ceased. In fact now it is required to reclaim every 5 acres of land after it's mined even as mining is still in progress on other parts of the claim.

GG~

Last edited:

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a chance.

Might as well watch Housewives. At least there's sometimes something good to look at.

I can't believe how completely bad under the ice was.

Oh man...was that horrible or what?...All that worthless drama is stupid and useless....just dredge, or dig, and pan

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love the show much better than gold fever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread