Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Best way to get/buy a mining claim in California?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    115 times
    Where do you start! I live so far from the area I want to have a possible claim.. Going to take alot of trips just to get the loacation claimed..guess thats just what you have to do eh.. thank you..

May 2012
    nevada
    1442 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This stuff ain't easy(or everybody would be doin it,right?) Suggest you read Hefty's thread "USFS steals miners property". Even the USFS got the location
    of Heftys claim wrong, and notified the wrong party of their intention to confiscate his gear. I see you have already invested a chunk of money(highbanker,
    etc.) If you spend the coming winter researching likely places within driving distance and satisfy yourself with local outings, you'll be the better for it come
    next season. the gold will remain.

us
    Dec 2010
    373 times
    [QUOTE=Fullpan;2963774]This stuff ain't easy(or everybody would be doin it,right?) Suggest you read Hefty's thread "USFS steals miners property". Even the USFS got the location
    of Heftys claim wrong, and notified the wrong party of their intention to confiscate his gear.

Fullpan...USFS just did not do their job,(Lazy) and used the only guy (next claim to me) that had a POO as an excuse. My location has always been with the USFS. And they know it. Now.
    Fullpan likes this.

us
    Dec 2010
    373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowyellow View Post
    Where do you start! I live so far from the area I want to have a possible claim.. Going to take alot of trips just to get the loacation claimed..guess thats just what you have to do eh.. thank you..
    First determine what county or area you want to have a claim in.
    This will determine which BLM you will need to go to.

Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    115 times
    Either el dorado national forest or by north Yuba area close to Downieville. I know this much, and that's all I know, lol.

Is there any open land or claims still? Who knows

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1797 times
    Taint' easy that's for sure and with all the new fees now pretty expensive and throw in property taxes on Usuary Rights just now plain outrageous.
    First pick your area--you already did. Hit the lousy inaccurate LR2000 as free and is what the others use to base their info upon anyhow. Pick your 10 ten and hit the area with feets on the ground to check for new claim signs and then off to the county recorders office to see whatzup. You'll thusly see if filings proper,time constraints met,taxes paid and if a legal claim or not. You'll be down to 1 or 2 spots by this time and thats good. Now claim them both-but do not file--and mine them both for at least a month to properly acess their holdings. Then file with the county as you have 90 days for county and BLM filings. BACKDATE to at least 85 days prior to filing to prevent the claimscamming dogs from stealing your claim from you as there are now programs that scan the records daily to steal new claims. You did the honest legal work and outta nowhere your ripped off by paperclaimers. It was meant to be work as a discovery and monument is a legal requirement of ALL claims and to play the game ya' must do the time-lotza luck keeping it-John
    calisdad and Drawman like this.

us
    Dec 2010
    373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowyellow View Post
    Either el dorado national forest or by north Yuba area close to Downieville. I know this much, and that's all I know, lol.

Is there any open land or claims still? Who knows

Now call the BLM in sacramento and order the maps of the areas you want.

us
    Dec 2010
    373 times
    John...Lol
    I was going to get to that after he got his maps and picked a section, example sec 26, easier to find claims by sec.

May 2012
    nevada
    1442 times
    The gulch I refered earlier to comes into the N. Yuba from the south. Park along hwy 49 1/4 mile downstream of ""Union Flat" campground which is about
    halfway between Downieville and Sierra City. You have to wade the river and hike up the gulch approx. 1/3 mile to clear the active claim "Bent Tree" ,
    CAMC297037. You now should be in 20N 11E Sec. 33 40NWNE (S-ABLE #EEK CAMC263408 Loc. Date:6/23/1994 STATUS: Abandonded). Anybody
    want to check it out?

us
    Dec 2010
    373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullpan View Post
    The gulch I refered earlier to comes into the N. Yuba from the south. Park along hwy 49 1/4 mile downstream of ""Union Flat" campground which is about
    halfway between Downieville and Sierra City. You have to wade the river and hike up the gulch approx. 1/3 mile to clear the active claim "Bent Tree" ,
    CAMC297037. You now should be in 20N 11E Sec. 33 40NWNE (S-ABLE #EEK CAMC263408 Loc. Date:6/23/1994 STATUS: Abandonded). Anybody
    want to check it out?
    Looks to be open for claiming...check with the county recorders office...parcel APN 008-050-016?
    Fullpan likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1530 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Check with my brother, Timc. He has the LR2000 site figured out! Knows it front and back and upside down. He'll show you how to claim your own. TTC
    The tide doesn't come in for six hours. You wanna wait here for six hours? Apocalypse Now

us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3114 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Taint' easy that's for sure and with all the new fees now pretty expensive and throw in property taxes on Usuary Rights just now plain outrageous.
    First pick your area--you already did. Hit the lousy inaccurate LR2000 as free and is what the others use to base their info upon anyhow. Pick your 10 ten and hit the area with feets on the ground to check for new claim signs and then off to the county recorders office to see whatzup. You'll thusly see if filings proper,time constraints met,taxes paid and if a legal claim or not. You'll be down to 1 or 2 spots by this time and thats good. Now claim them both-but do not file--and mine them both for at least a month to properly acess their holdings. Then file with the county as you have 90 days for county and BLM filings. BACKDATE to at least 85 days prior to filing to prevent the claimscamming dogs from stealing your claim from you as there are now programs that scan the records daily to steal new claims. You did the honest legal work and outta nowhere your ripped off by paperclaimers. It was meant to be work as a discovery and monument is a legal requirement of ALL claims and to play the game ya' must do the time-lotza luck keeping it-John
    This is great advice from John. Never, ever, buy a gold claim without walking the lines and sampling it. Ever wonder where the term, "Buying a pig in a poke" comes from? I get calls every week from uninformed victims who bought gold claims on ebay, and want me to go sample and mark the corners for them. In most cases (97-percent so far), I refuse the jobs because I already know who sold them the claim, that there isn't any gold there, or that four other people have been sold the same claim. Be Careful!
    Please visit my Website http://TerrySoloman.com

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1797 times
    BLM maps are same same as LR2000 based, I have claims for over 20+ years NOT listed yet. I'd laugh but sic sic sic. Feets on the ground will find all claims NOT listed and ALL claims begin and end at the local yokel recorders office,hence your holy grail of info. Mark even gave ya' the parcel number and you are miles ahead of the game,ya owe him a bign' indeed. Ask and ye shall receive in many ways here with the "old" crew of helpful members-kudos-John
    Fullpan likes this.

May 2012
    nevada
    1442 times
    Now, where are we? If I was a newbie with a bad case of the fever, I would make plans to spend a weekend in the "Union Flat" campground, which allows
    sat. and sun. to actually prospect this gulch(knowing we've had a dry year, i know gulches may not have water). On monday i'll be ready to knock on the county recorders office door if i did good in the gulch. I now have the info I need using overlays on google earth, the free website BLMLR2000, and Hefty's
    info on county parcel numbers(APN). If the recorders clerk isn't too busy, she(or he) can help you get the paperwork done. You now have located your own
    mining claim. There is a lot more to do(see above) but you can now drive home with satisfaction, and make additional plans. Pretty simple, huh?

us
    Calories in... calories burned... whats left is you.

Jul 2008
    Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
    Various
    66 times
    I have demystified the BLM LR2000 system. Without leaving your computer, you can find detailed info about what areas are available, who used to claim the area, who holds the present claims, and much more info. In any SW state. The cost comes to about $200 total to file a claim. $140 a year fee to keep it. (Less per year if you file a waiver, it's in the LR2000.) This year ALOT of claims will become available, because the fee schedual changed. Great for the one or two claim miner. TKC
    Fullpan likes this.
    I knew a man who rode his horse backwards, because seeing where he has been was much less scary than seeing where he was going.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors