$100,000.00 for watching Gold Rush!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sincerely hope someone on T-net wins the cash!

All you have to do is watch the season premiere of Gold Rush on Friday, Oct. 26, at 9/8c — which you were probably going to do anyway, right? — and watch for a special code for your chance to win.

So register below, see a sneak peek of the all-new season of Gold Rush, then be sure to tune in on Friday, Oct. 26, at 9/8c.
See you there. :icon_thumleft:

SWEEPSTAKES: REGISTER FOR THE GOLD RUSH GIVEAWAY
VIDEO: SNEAK PEEK AT THE NEW SEASON

Last edited:
Upvote 0

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully the folks in the show can play as they are the ones that seem to really need the money!! If you do the math, the economics in that show just does not work. Way too much heavy equipment and people needed for way too little gold. I think they could actually find more gold and make more money if they all got MDs and looked for jewelry on the beach!! Or went hunting for aluminum in trash cans!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show is such crap should would have to pay people to watch.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fingers Crossed that one of us wins all the GOLD thats in the "GLORY HOLE"!

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Hopefully the folks in the show can play as they are the ones that seem to really need the money!! If you do the math, the economics in that show just does not work. Way too much heavy equipment and people needed for way too little gold. I think they could actually find more gold and make more money if they all got MDs and looked for jewelry on the beach!! Or went hunting for aluminum in trash cans!

I enjoy the show, percentage wise is it any worse than how I prospect? I have a $15,000 car, 3 sluices (cost about $300 total), several pans ($60), classifiers ($100), shovels ($30), Wolf Trap scoop ($50), 3 metal detectors ($2,000), misc $200 and it costs me $60 in gas and tolls everytime I go up north.
So far in 3 trips this year I have found about $20 maybe $30 worth of gold. OH and I got another $10 worth of river gravel that I put on the sides of driveway where the rain washed away some dirt (I sluiced it 3 times). On a percentage basis they are doing better than I am.
Of course I am doing it as a hobby, when I played golf I never worried about did I get my money back and I really don't know, they are doing it to make a living.
Oh one more thing, one year when I used to MD heavily I kept track of the hours I spent and the money I made, I averaged 35 cents an hour, but of course I didn't figure in the cost of batteries and the cost of gas to get to the sites, then I would have lost money.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show for what it is, ”someone elses adventure”

Well, as someone that works around heavy machinery, that show is someone elses , , , something. I just hope these guys don't get hurt.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you need is the determination to strike gold willing to chance thousands of dollars the first couple years the Claim and heavey equipment to operate the claim and help... Then hope you strike a nice mother load to keep you a float a few more years... HH am still looking for the ellusive gold myself so Keep on looking and if you let the fact that everytime you go prospecting or detecting your loosing money you won't have fun, but instead get a positive mindset that today you will find gold have fun, enjoy life for a change not worring about loosing money. HH

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Did you see the equipement Ted was standing infront of in the first episode last night ? OMG. Next season he'll be using thermo nuclear weapons to dig for gold. LOL. Anybody who believes these guys are funding this operation by using credit cards and taking out mortages on their houses is smoking crack. Come on ! The Discovery Channel is bank rolling everything.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Mel Fisher when I was looking for the Atocha used to say "todays the day"

I agree which is why I am heading into the path of the hurricane tomorrow to go panning. I am heading to check out a new stream that I can't find anyone who has even checked it out. I have a few hour window to get in and out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread