Stake your own placer mining claim for about $200

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people have complained about being ripped off buying a claim/claims over the internet. I have figured out the LR2000 system and can show you how to file your own claim for about $200. You can stake a claim on BLM property, or in a National Forest. The claim sellers won't like me for this, but for the price of just one of their claims you can claim about ten of your own claims. I own one claim and have half interest in another and so far I put in $300. (A learned mistake will cost me, but the claim will still be mine.) Each 20acre claim will cost $140 per year in fees. I am on a disability budget and will be staking a claim or two more. I have seen and talked to miners that can squeeze a half ounce or more per month from their claims. Hard work, yes, but the color of your own gold makes it worth it. I am planning on putting together a workshop/class to help you see how easy and cheap it is to own your own claim. Your input will steer me into the right path for getting this done. TimC

Upvote 0

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about just posting a how-to thread? Many would find it informative...or was you planning on turning this into a service type business? If so would it be state specific? What would you offer your clients that a few nights of research with terms such as "blm", "mining claims" etc. wouldn't garner?

Sounds profitable...

cheers,
cc

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No business intended. I wouldn't offer them any more than they can find out for themselves, but many do not know how to get started, or know how to dig up the records they are looking for. ALL mining records are public record. I would just like to let people know how to bring up on screen those records to help them plan staking a claim without getting in trouble with someone with a claim on the ground they are interested in. TKC

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You asked about state specific. I live in Yavapai County, AZ. The county has a very user friendly website to get claim info. Maricopa CO is a tough search. The BLM info is nationwide. The county recorders office is only for recording your claim. Each state may have a slightly different recording fee, but the US BLM is the heart of mining claim management. BTW, my avatar is really my everyday look. TKC

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another BTW. My signature, "I knew a man who..." is my own quote to reflect the fact that I am dying of cancer. I might have a couple years left. The jest of the words means that anything a person goes through is nothing compared to what lies ahead. A person sometimes doesn't want to know what he will be going through. TKC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a great Thread Tim. As you know, I'm in the gold business. If you ever want to lead one of my VIP Gold Claim classes near Congress, AZ, or up at the resort in Prescott, just PM me! We do them two or three times a year.

On another more personal note, I offered a prayer for you and your family. God Bless!

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No business intended. I wouldn't offer them any more than they can find out for themselves, but many do not know how to get started, or know how to dig up the records they are looking for. ALL mining records are public record. I would just like to let people know how to bring up on screen those records to help them plan staking a claim without getting in trouble with someone with a claim on the ground they are interested in. TKC

I think this is very admirable...a quick scan of the filing forms revealed a few things that were noteworthy. It seems if a claim is filed near the end of an assessment year then in very short order you will be billed again when the new period begins (no pro-rating). Also, do you know anything about the waiving of yearly maintenance fees? It's hard to read the legalese but it appears as if owning less than ten claims allows for this.

I'd love to see you set up a class/workshop. Even if the info is publicly available it is sometimes hard to understand and the help of someone experienced is always welcome.

peace,
cc

detectorman12

Sep 7, 2012
TimC said:
Many people have complained about being ripped off buying a claim/claims over the internet. I have figured out the LR2000 system and can show you how to file your own claim for about $200. You can stake a claim on BLM property, or in a National Forest. The claim sellers won't like me for this, but for the price of just one of their claims you can claim about ten of your own claims. I own one claim and have half interest in another and so far I put in $300. (A learned mistake will cost me, but the claim will still be mine.) Each 20acre claim will cost $140 per year in fees. I am on a disability budget and will be staking a claim or two more. I have seen and talked to miners that can squeeze a half ounce or more per month from their claims. Hard work, yes, but the color of your own gold makes it worth it. I am planning on putting together a workshop/class to help you see how easy and cheap it is to own your own claim. Your input will steer me into the right path for getting this done. TimC

Hey,
Thanks for the info. I live in va. And have always wanted to file a claim here.
I've heard that you can still file claims in the natural forests, but I never knew how to go about it.

If you have any help with info, please let me know.
Thanks,
David

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry for the spiritual support, and yes, I will contact you soon about the class. I didn't know you had one going.
Calvin, if you do clean-up work and such equal to $100 dollars worth you can file an affidavit for the year and pay only a $10 filing fee. The National Forest claims can only be worked with battery powered equip. That shuts out all but the small miner. Filing the claim is the same as filing on BLM land. And remember, Nevada is about 75% public land. TKC

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
TimC said:
Thanks Terry for the spiritual support, and yes, I will contact you soon about the class. I didn't know you had one going.
Calvin, if you do clean-up work and such equal to $100 dollars worth you can file an affidavit for the year and pay only a $10 filing fee. The National Forest claims can only be worked with battery powered equip. That shuts out all but the small miner. Filing the claim is the same as filing on BLM land. And remember, Nevada is about 75% public land. TKC

Prayers for you Tim, and thanks again for your all your great info. Will be calling you this week sir.

Mellow yellow

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other

Tim, are Terry C's brother? I am sorry to hear of your prognosis, but I will offer a prayer for you and your family. Thanks for the information on the BLM software, and I hope to someday seek your advice if I can find a piece of ground to lay claim to. May your coil find tons of yellow, your riffles be overflowing and your poke be busting at the seams.....

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Oakview2, and yes, I'm TerryC's TWIN brother. We look alike, sound alike and it's a good thing we don't always think alike. I've known him all my life.LOL He spends alot of time on the Tnet.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I am interested as I am entirely new to gold prospecting. I am in Tucson, Arizona. Any thoughts of dealing with my local bureaucrats?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AZViper.. Our mother couldn't tell us apart! AZV.... The Tucson area would be good, But be CAREFUL just south of there! the border situation is getting ROUGH! Tim and I have pretty much given an open invite to all you guys to come and join us in the search for that crazy yellow stuff. Supa Fly is on his way right now from Indiana. TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another BTW. My signature, "I knew a man who..." is my own quote to reflect the fact that I am dying of cancer. I might have a couple years left. The jest of the words means that anything a person goes through is nothing compared to what lies ahead. A person sometimes doesn't want to know what he will be going through. TKC

Great job on your signature, and so sorry for what you're going through. I too will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Thanks for being so generous to help out others with staking claims.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supa Fly arrived last night. He came down the White Spar Highway from Prescott. He was really amazed with the view, but the road has more turns in it than a dizzy snake, so he could only get short peeks.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
calvin contact the BLM, they already have a publication out on how-to get a claim and fill out the paperwork. weve already paid for it through our taxs.

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Tim this couldn't hurt but try 2 tblspns sea salt per gallon water. Drink one per day or so. The key is alkalinity, tends to kill all the bad stuff. Also a silver solution is good to and you can google it to get some. You are a great source of information and yes these people selling claims on ebay and such just go sample find a few colors (maybe) and file just as you have then post it for 1000 bucks. Thoughts and prayers, Pat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread