Are ATVs allowed on BLM grounds?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We use quads all the time on BLM land with the proper AZ offroad use permits.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Terrys correct for AZ.! and ,yes ,every state is different on ATV use. in Colorado a ATV must have/purchase/display a sticker,even if you have it on the ground and dont use it! theres a site that has all the states ATV/off road rules/ regs but i dont have it ava. right now.its good to study up on these rules before you goto a area!

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry - russau - Thanks for the info and replies.

I'm not sure where I'm goin or when I'm going but I'm trying to get as much info before I go.

I've tried searching for a map or anything that shows what property is claimed. It seems that the blm has removed or disabled any type of search. I found that site that claims to have claims mapped out on google earth but the info is not up to date. They said the blm does not allow them access anymore.

Is there anywhere where I can search and see what areas are claimed?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go to the local BLM office and they have many racks full of free literature,maps ,rules and regs. In kalif a greenie sticker is required as a excuse to skim more money and many states have followed the golden road. John

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just go to the local BLM office and they have many racks full of free literature,maps ,rules and regs. In kalif a greenie sticker is required as a excuse to skim more money and many states have followed the golden road. John

Oklahoma has done the same thing.I have a UTV and cheated and lied got it titled and tagged as a truck street leagal everywhere now.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry - russau - Thanks for the info and replies.

I'm not sure where I'm goin or when I'm going but I'm trying to get as much info before I go.

I've tried searching for a map or anything that shows what property is claimed. It seems that the blm has removed or disabled any type of search. I found that site that claims to have claims mapped out on google earth but the info is not up to date. They said the blm does not allow them access anymore.

Is there anywhere where I can search and see what areas are claimed?

You start with the County. They are much more helpful, and some will even walk you through the process of looking up claims. Yavapai County in Arizona, has a lot of info right online at their website. The BLM is real good at taking your money, not so good at "customer service."

RifRaff

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2012
G-Ville, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nevada has the sticker too now and has to be registered. I was told if you live in the state you registered for you are good for other states as well.

Being so close to kalifornia that's a big deal for me.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might want to practice pushing your ATV up hill before you go, in case this forest service sign from Colorado catches on.

100_0720.JPG

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies & info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions