Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone Have This Highbanker In Use?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    1257 times
    Prospecting

Anyone Have This Highbanker In Use?

Anyone have this highbanker in use? What are your thoughts of this highbanker? $300.00 delivered... I found it on eBay but I also found their website, http://www.royalmfgind.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royal1x.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	580.8 KB 
ID:	685006

Name:	royal2s.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	497.3 KB 
ID:	685007
    Last edited by AzViper; Oct 08, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

us
    Sep 2012
    Jamestown nc
    Garrett at gold
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Been thinking about one of these myself, curious to know as well!!

Charter Member
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    1257 times
    Prospecting
    Looks very well made in the craftsmanship. With all the steel parts being Cad plated is a plus. Here is the info. on the HB.

This machine is big enough to accept full shovel loads of material, yet is small enough to be easily transported to your prospecting site. With its low 3 amp draw motor, it can be operated by a small wheelchair battery all day. With its 100% welded frame work and additional bends supporting the grizzly classifier, this rugged unit can withstand heavy uses and even a 180 lb person standing on top of it. The four adjustable legs can be easily leveled on any terrain making this an exceptional item for all around prospecting.

Highbanker / Recirculating Sluice with four 24" independent leveling legs.

All corners are rounded and deburred, hardware is permanently pressed in.

Works directly in any water source (Creeks, Ponds, Rivers, Etc.) or even from a reservoir container.

* With the addition of your 30 gallon reservoir and tailing buckets (not included), you can turn this highbanker unit into a recirculator.

.063" Aluminum
    24" Long X 8" Wide
    5 Zinc Plated Riffles (Gold Coloring)
    18 ga. Zinc Plated Steel Riffles (Gold Coloring)
    13 ga. Expanded Metal
    Outdoor Matting
    Tsunami 800 GPH Pump uses a low 3 amp draw 12VDC motor
    All four leg thumb srews made of Stainless Steel
    14.8 Lbs.
    Supplied with a 38 min how to use DVD

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1651 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have a Jobe Highbanker set up to recurculate.... And a 270 gallon tank for the truck to take in if need be. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1651 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    AZV, does the top-spraying water knock off ALL the sand? Nice unit. Maybe a couple spraybars just above the expanded steel if it doesn't. TTC
    panner59 likes this.
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3355 times
    Metal Detecting
    Looks just like a "Gold Buddy" recirculator. Great little desert machine when it gets too wet to drywash.

Charter Member
    us

Sep 2012
    1257 times
    Prospecting
    Here is a few additional photos,

Name:	royal3.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	330.6 KB 
ID:	685216

Name:	royal4r.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	698.7 KB 
ID:	685217

Charter Member
    us

Sep 2012
    1257 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Looks just like a "Gold Buddy" recirculator. Great little desert machine when it gets too wet to drywash.
    Hi Terry, the same company also make this drywasher. I am totally new to prospecting but not new to the outdoors in Arizona. I have been all over Arizona on my hunting trips. In southern Arizona about 25 years ago I found an iron meteorite that had a weight of 3000 grams. It was laying exposed on the surface of a dry wash in the Santa Rita Mountains. Granted our dry washes are not dry in the winter time or during Monsoon season so these dry washes do get the soil turned over. From my understanding this area in the late 1800s had a meteor shower. In fact when watching a show on TV last year of these two guys that collect meteors they were very careful not to mention where they were located in southern Arizona but their camera crew exposed some of the surroundings mountains of which was in the area that I recovered the meteorite.

Name:	royal5.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	397.3 KB 
ID:	685218

Name:	royal6.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	507.9 KB 
ID:	685219

Name:	royal7.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	331.3 KB 
ID:	685230

Name:	royal8.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	565.2 KB 
ID:	685231

Name:	royal9.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	410.8 KB 
ID:	685232

Name:	royal10.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	642.7 KB 
ID:	685241

ca
    Ron

Aug 2012
    Calgary
    Fisher gold bug pro
    5 times
    Prospecting
    Hey Azviper, I don't have that exact setup, But I have one that's very similar. It uses the same 800 gpm pump and is basically the same length and width. The biggest problem I have with mine is that there doesn't seem to be enough water volume to put a full shovel of dirt in at once. I can get away with a quater to a half a shovel and it works out not to bad. If you put to much dirt in you get a lot of pulsing in the sluice causing it to lose gold. To start out with its not a bad setup, it just doesn't alow me to process enough dirt. I'm looking to upgrade already. I hope that helps.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3355 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Hi Terry, the same company also make this drywasher. I am totally new to prospecting but not new to the outdoors in Arizona. I have been all over Arizona on my hunting trips. In southern Arizona about 25 years ago I found an iron meteorite that had a weight of 3000 grams. It was laying exposed on the surface of a dry wash in the Santa Rita Mountains. Granted our dry washes are not dry in the winter time or during Monsoon season so these dry washes do get the soil turned over. From my understanding this area in the late 1800s had a meteor shower. In fact when watching a show on TV last year of these two guys that collect meteors they were very careful not to mention where they were located in southern Arizona but their camera crew exposed some of the surroundings mountains of which was in the area that I recovered the meteorite.
    Check out my buddy Bret Chilcott, out of Chandler, AZ. He makes all of our drywashers for the school, and does a lot of custom work for gold prospectors and miners all over the world. AZ Desert Gold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bret.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	685270  

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1571 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.
    Great little thread on highbankers and drywashers--very interesting information.

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Charter Member
    us

Sep 2012
    1257 times
    Prospecting
    In looking at Highbankers and Drywashers I am about to jump in and buy both designs so I can use both at different times of the year. So many choices though and all built on the same basic concept. For me it’s going to come down to Quality, Less Moving Parts, Versatility, Easy to use, Recovering GOLD. In looking at all three the one that stands out is the Jobe due to the size of the Hopper and obvious amount of water that can be put into the Hopper to wash the rocks and dirt.

Name:	royalhighbanker.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	685289

Name:	jobehighbanker.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	685290

Name:	goldbuddy.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	685320
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goldbuddy.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	685291  
    Last edited by AzViper; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    3355 times
    Metal Detecting
    Just remember that that big old beast requires a lot of water, and the more material you move through it, the more times you will have to change that water. Muddy, silt filled water will float gold out of the sluice and screw up your pump. The little gold buddy uses less water and is just about right for a one man operation.

Jul 2012
    115 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have a Gold Buddy. Run it with a 1200 gp and a 12V Walmart battery. I shovel directly into in 90% of the time. Half shovel full, stir it around with my hand until it's cleared and replete. Battery will last all day long...daylite 'till dark. I've only used it in the creeks, never in a tub at home. Haven't had a seconds trouble with it. If it loses gold, I haven't noticed. It's gotten me some good size pickers and lots of fines and a little flour. I carry it around in a wide plastic bucket and the battery in a regular 5 gallon bucket. The rest of my needs go into my backpack. Makes for a nice easy one way trip to the creeks. Sets up in minutes. Highly recommend the Gold Buddy.

Charter Member
    us

Sep 2012
    1257 times
    Prospecting
    Terry and Lost thank you for your input. The Royal Highbanker and the early version of Gold Buddy was basicly of the same size and design. The newer Gold Buddy is slightly wider (1") over the Royal Highbanker but the Royal is $100.00 cheaper. In weight and length they are the same. The Gold Buddy has a 1250 GPH pump while the Royal Highbanker has an 800 GPH pump. One item that stands out between the Gold Buddy 1250 and the Royal High Banker is the Royal has a rolled edge along the top of the Sluice this adding strength to the Sluice and this is where you make your quick adjustments to the angle of the hopper.

Bottom line its really comes down to user preference. Being a builder of high quality poker tables I am leaning towards the Royal Highbanker as I have an eye on quality and I am a gambling guy. Hell going to southern Arizona backcountry is a gamble in itself due to all the drug traffic in the mountains. This is why my Dan Wesson 8" barrel 44 cal. is always strapped to my chest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors