New Utah Prospector

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fellas my name is Colby I'm from northern Utah. Just got in to panning an built me a sluice but don't know what general areas in my area to look . I have tried the weber river but all I seem to turn up is small quartz an lead shavings. Maybe I'm not digging deep enough? Not getting large amount of black sand just a bit. Anyways you guys seem like a great wealth of knowledge so any help y'all give is just awesome ..... Thanks fellas

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Utduder

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. Haha if all things line up I'll meet up with ya on Saturday an we'll give it a go. I should know tomorrow if I can swing it.

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I should be good to go any time after about 2. If you would like to call me when you know.
Thanks Brandon

Last edited:
OP
OP
Utduder

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good I think that would be bout perfect time.

OP
OP
Utduder

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Brandon couldnt convince my sick wife to let me leave her with my three hellians for the afternoon today. Did u get out?

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats ok we will try another day. I went out and did a little metal detecting found a few coins nothing big. Hope the family gets well.

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well had a great Christmas! My wife surprised me with a new Keene Sluice and a Garrett panning kit to add to my gold panning efforts. Looking forward to filling it with some pay dirt :laughing7:. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a great start to the new year. God Bless the families in NEWTOWN, Conn my prayers are with you.

spoofman

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
whites gold bug
Well had a great Christmas! My wife surprised me with a new Keene Sluice and a Garrett panning kit to add to my gold panning efforts. Looking forward to filling it with some pay dirt :laughing7:. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a great start to the new year. God Bless the families in NEWTOWN, Conn my prayers are with you.

better be careful you might catch the "FEVER"...Merry Christmas.

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI Willard Canyon has been posted NO MINING. My boy and i was just up there this past weekend. :icon_scratch:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would love to see a pic of that sign. We have seen evidence of unofficial signs put up to trick prospectors!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Types of signs

Unofficial Signs - Are we talking like Buffalo signs or Moose signs or Bear signs though I suspect they are sort of like this. There was a picture posted recently of a very professional looking sign that had been erected in a SoCal 'river' parking lot that made all sorts of claims about any type of prospecting being totally illegal. It could be it was nothing more the Bull sign.
...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Utduder

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer! I'm in seveir county for the next couple days. Any public access places to go poke around?

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 miles south of Hanksville there is a dirt road that will take you to crescent creek public panning area. My brother and I was just up there this past weekend. We found some nice color. I will post some pic when I finish my clean up. At mile maker 20 heading south take the first right follow it to the y and stay to the right when you cross the steam turn right follow that about 3 mile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Utduder

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool . Thanks for the directions . Hard to get that from folks . If I get time I'll certainly post my findings .

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to get a pic of it and post it soon.

Here is the pic. Hope u can see it.

ForumRunner_20130427_142046.png

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Utduder

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's bs. We could just call the BLM and ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread