New Utah Prospector

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fellas my name is Colby I'm from northern Utah. Just got in to panning an built me a sluice but don't know what general areas in my area to look . I have tried the weber river but all I seem to turn up is small quartz an lead shavings. Maybe I'm not digging deep enough? Not getting large amount of black sand just a bit. Anyways you guys seem like a great wealth of knowledge so any help y'all give is just awesome ..... Thanks fellas

Upvote 0

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some time to run some of the dirt from my trip to Hanksville. I didn't have much time so ran about half of a 2 and half gallon bucket. rerun.jpeg :hello2:

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, I'm from CO but will be in SLC (near the Univ of Utah) this weekend. I would love to find my first Utah flake. Please PM me if you have a tip on where I could go during my short visit...I promise to keep your secrets!!

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only place I know to go that close to SLC is American Fork canyon but it doesn't open until July 1st. I had to drive 4 hr to Hanksville to find my first flakes. :) May some one from SLC has more info.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, I'll be in Salt Lake in early July so American Fork is a go! What details do I need to know about rules or where exactly to go for my half day trip? Is there enough water then for my Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector or just a smaller drop riffle sluice?

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No permit is needed for a sluice. There should be enough water for your Bazooka Gold trap. You will want to jump on I-15 heading south take the 284 exit and head east on Timpanogos Hwy follow it up the canyon not sure of mileage. You will come to a road called American Fork canyon off to your left follow up to Tibble Fork Reservoir. Follow the road around the Reservoir continue to follow up the canyon to Mary Ellen Gulch. From Salt lake it is 1 hour and 12 mins per Google map. Use Google map directions and it will show you the way. Hope this helps. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perfect, thanks...counting the days!

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My birthday present from my wife just arrived today. Had some hog mat laying around put it in and I can't to get it wet. :icon_thumleft: sluice.jpg

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally was able to run the rest of the dirt I brought back my trip to Hanksville. Not to bad for a few hour of work. I ran 5 - 5 gallon buckets with the razorback mat in it from Gold Hog.I then reran the tailings and 2 -100. I really like this mat. 20130603_093501.jpg 20130603_093521.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks great X, better than I was led to expect from the SE!

Ps: I love that area of the state!

lovecow

Oct 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new

Ya I saw that video about a week ago. I'm bout an hour an a half drive away but I really wanna go there a check out his shop and bs.
. I'm kinda new as well but I have a sluice truck pans metal detector I live in echo and hit the Weber a lot of you want to team up and get rich let me know I have no one to go with

lovecow

Oct 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally was able to run the rest of the dirt I brought back my trip to Hanksville. Not to bad for a few hour of work. I ran 5 - 5 gallon buckets with the razorback mat in it from Gold Hog.I then reran the tailings and 2 -100. I really like this mat. View attachment 807841 View attachment 807842
Want to go out and split the cost for fuel I have a pop up and rv or huge tent spend 2 days digging ? Jason 4357310674

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread