Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Byron

Apr 2012
    Alabama
    Dowsing rods and metal detectors
    36 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

large quartz rock with gold and silver veins? thanking a friend as well

Is it possible to have gold and silver in a quartz rock vein? found a huge one today that has some nice gold pieces in it but i noticed some silver looking veins as well. Need some feed back on this one please and advise. Thanks tele-prospector L-rods are finding things very well on maps you have dowsed for me. I appreciate all the help youve given me in learning this art.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1690 times
    Very possible!

Here is one example.......

STATE: Alabama
    COUNTY: Talladega

At Riddles Mill district, located in southeast part of the county, was the most important locality where gold mining was carried on in the Talladega County. The Riddle's Mine consisted of a 100 foot deep in quartz veins which contained lode gold, with silver and pyrite in depth. In a lead extending from Riddle's Mine, the Woodward Tract had gold, with silver.

GG~
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Byron

Apr 2012
    Alabama
    36 times
    Thanks GG. I actually found this one in Coosa county. I've tried a lot around the Riddles mine story mine areas but not sure where to go. I know where the mines old locations are map wise but getting to them is a different story and i've panned some at that creek that flows through there with not much luck. I need to find better areas around there.

us
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Diablo II "Gold Demon", Whites GMT, TreasureMaster PI 3000, Falcon MD20, Vibraprobe
    185 times
    Prospecting
    Pictures?

us
    When you get Tired of the every day grind you turn to a place an time to slow down. Gold prospecting a way of life...

Oct 2010
    Alabama/ Ohio
    GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT cibola ) Now using a Xterra 705, Tesoro Tiger shark and XLT
    46 times
    Bman maybe we can do some prospecting in Coosa county and around Al they are 3 of us who get out sometimes just 2 and have fun do some prospecting and so far HAve had fun with very little gold, message me. Lets see some pictures if you can

us
    Byron

Apr 2012
    Alabama
    36 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-19_11-32-06_618.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	690732

heres one of the pictures of the quartz rock, sorry its a lil blurry,
    the other side was much more pretty had some crystals in it along with the gold and silver veins. In this picture im digging it out of the side of a bank

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1456 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.
    Yup--it is too blurry to tell, and of course you can have gold and silver in the same quartz sample. What have you used so far to tell if it's gold or not?

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Byron

Apr 2012
    Alabama
    36 times
    Lanny ive just used my eyes so far lmao......and flaked some of the pieces out. I want to wrap it in a blanket and take a sledgehammer to it but right now im just in awe at its crystals,gold and silver all through it. any idea how i can test it before busting it open?

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1456 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.
    Depending on the quantity of the concentration of metal, acid test, streak test, specific gravity might be out because of two metals in the sample, not one. However--if it's a quality specimen--why in the world would you want to smash it up?

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Byron

Apr 2012
    Alabama
    36 times
    Lanny.....lol only reason i would consider smashing it would be for the good stuff on the inside. But it is a very beautiful specimen it weighs around 30 lbs. OK also what type of acid are you talking about? im not very good with chemicals that can harm oneself and the streak test, you talking about the silver rub right? Ok now to the gravity part you really have me confused on that one. please advise

HH

Bman
    Last edited by bman3725; Oct 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors