large quartz rock with gold and silver veins? thanking a friend as well

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods and metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible to have gold and silver in a quartz rock vein? found a huge one today that has some nice gold pieces in it but i noticed some silver looking veins as well. Need some feed back on this one please and advise. Thanks tele-prospector L-rods are finding things very well on maps you have dowsed for me. I appreciate all the help youve given me in learning this art.

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very possible!

Here is one example.......

STATE: Alabama
COUNTY: Talladega

At Riddles Mill district, located in southeast part of the county, was the most important locality where gold mining was carried on in the Talladega County. The Riddle's Mine consisted of a 100 foot deep in quartz veins which contained lode gold, with silver and pyrite in depth. In a lead extending from Riddle's Mine, the Woodward Tract had gold, with silver.

GG~

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GG. I actually found this one in Coosa county. I've tried a lot around the Riddles mine story mine areas but not sure where to go. I know where the mines old locations are map wise but getting to them is a different story and i've panned some at that creek that flows through there with not much luck. I need to find better areas around there.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bman maybe we can do some prospecting in Coosa county and around Al they are 3 of us who get out sometimes just 2 and have fun do some prospecting and so far HAve had fun with very little gold, message me. Lets see some pictures if you can

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2012-10-19_11-32-06_618.jpg

heres one of the pictures of the quartz rock, sorry its a lil blurry,
the other side was much more pretty had some crystals in it along with the gold and silver veins. In this picture im digging it out of the side of a bank

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup--it is too blurry to tell, and of course you can have gold and silver in the same quartz sample. What have you used so far to tell if it's gold or not?

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny ive just used my eyes so far lmao......and flaked some of the pieces out. I want to wrap it in a blanket and take a sledgehammer to it but right now im just in awe at its crystals,gold and silver all through it. any idea how i can test it before busting it open?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Depending on the quantity of the concentration of metal, acid test, streak test, specific gravity might be out because of two metals in the sample, not one. However--if it's a quality specimen--why in the world would you want to smash it up?

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny.....lol only reason i would consider smashing it would be for the good stuff on the inside. But it is a very beautiful specimen it weighs around 30 lbs. OK also what type of acid are you talking about? im not very good with chemicals that can harm oneself and the streak test, you talking about the silver rub right? Ok now to the gravity part you really have me confused on that one. please advise

HH

Bman

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread