Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why aren't they following the obvious paylayers you can see in the walls of the hole.....Ive seen rusty bands at porcupine and todds site...at least the yukon guys are clearing a large area. Just like the Hoffs first season...punch a very difficult hole as deep as possible....find gold but..keep going get less gold Hmmmmm....whats that rusty cemented spot on the wall there...As far as the amount of gold dredged out of some cracks at the bottom of an anchient waterfall that has never been cleaned before....in the same drainage that has had legendary waterfalls...you bet your butt, you can pull 14oz in 4 hours or LESS...dredgers who work a serious amount on the west coast and in Alaska...find cracks that contain poundage....maybe it didn't happen on the show but, not because its impossible

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
G1sammons said:
Well iv got a magic 6" dredge I can sell ya and just think of the riches you can get in just 4 hours well you saw it last weak I don't even have to tell ya
:)

I'm not saying one way or the other. The sluice is certainly able to run the few cubic inches that 14 oz would take up in four hours. Whether it was in gravel or in a nice little pre arranged pile I don't speculate. As long as your magic six inch dredge costs what that magic dredge did let's talk turkey man.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
improvmechanic said:
I'm not saying one way or the other. The sluice is certainly able to run the few cubic inches that 14 oz would take up in four hours. Whether it was in gravel or in a nice little pre arranged pile I don't speculate. As long as your magic six inch dredge costs what that magic dredge did let's talk turkey man.

Sorry buddy it was just a jester it's not for sale at a reasonable price !
If you wan to run it you'll have to join the party
As for those few quick inches well usally don't find it track way .
I'd be happy just to find it in a pile once . But my speculation was that 14oz in that box would have looked incredible and they would have love to have shown us that

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
That's too bad, I wouldn't mind having a dredge like that knocking around. Now regardless of whether tht gold was real or staged, is Fred going to keep digging or are they going to keep chasing crevices? Remains to be seen

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The six I have is a old triple keene
With 24 hp Honda and gast pump propane heaters. And I'm gona try a presure washer for a blaster nozzel also have back up air for extra divers
And your welcome to come and play ,I'm just not interested in moving it yet

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if there was any truth to the story he would be a fool to get back in the excavator but watch

I think Fred will have to continue digging as long as he doesn't hit the bedrock. Now, the episode video don't really explain if he really is in the glory hole, it seems not to me or if the glory hole could be deeper. If they really reach the bottom of the glory hole, sure that he would hit the jackpot. We'll just have to wait next 3 episodes. We'll know the results on 22 feb live show.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I believe someone hits the mother lode Friday so if he hits it we should know Friday .

I think any way ,
I hope it's Parker personally if not him I hope Fred hits it he's also a hard working fella I,ithink he got a bad wrap
Last year for buying the claim but it's not like Todd Huffman was gona do anything with it any way
If I had the money and had been in his shoe I would,have done the same.
Also hope Dave Turin breaks off and does his own thing seems he's pulling the weight any ways, he should be making the money !
The best thing tod could do is shut up and give the fricken keys to Dave ! Watch and learn !

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mercy, there's almost as much drama on this thread as there is on the show! I think the show is starting to mess with our heads. Like a big train wreck, but you just can't help but watch it anyway! I've learned alot from watching the show, and from reading all the posts and threads on this site. OK, I haven't read all the post and threads actually, but the ones I'm reading are very educational. Keep up all the good work guys! And don't let that show mess your heads up too much!

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
The show is an educational experience. You can't tell me you haven't watched it and said, "so if I ever go into placer mining I know not to......" Dig without testing
Trust the gold will be there
Use untested equipment
And looked at some of their decisions and thought of something better. Hindsight is always 20/20, and now we have the benefit of two failed seasons and one that's turning profitable. Not that I'm planning on using the show as a blueprint, but in the heat of the moment I can see making some of these mistakes.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's the truth

Iv learned a lot from most of these shows
While I don't care for all the drama I love to watch them and learned a ton

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. After reading the discussion I had to register to join the fun. :)

I agree that Todd needs to go. If the producers had any sense, next season the team should be led by Dave Turin.

I am curious about one thing. That giant trammel Todd bought must have cost six figures. isn't there some kind of legal obligation to, I dunno, deliver a working product? I mean, it was useless from the word go.

And I would have thought the builder would be seriously concerned about his company's image. I mean, as cynical as we all are about this show, does anyone think The Gold Machine company came off looking good? He plastered the show all over his site. Well, some impression they made.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Parker just made a very mature decision, most people even people as old as me are often blinded by gold fever and would take the chance to run the dirt to the plant, regardless!

He made the right call.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
True. And Todd is making excuses again. He made a huge mistake. 107 oz? And they were just blowing gold off the back end? Man those poor dudes.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with only one surprise this week, not an impressive show in my opinion.

Parker flipped the truck, while rushing to run 10 loads an hour
over his 2 Mile death Road.
no big surprise,
since these shows run spoilers that are hard to miss :(

:notworthy: to Parker for his comment, he wouldn't make someone
else do, what he wouldn't do himself.

I think he just needs to double the road width. but
I'd have taken more personal chances then he would.
just my nature at his age. oh & no clean-out for Parker this week that I caught

Fred's. back to pumping water, I guess old ladies plan
to dredge went bust after all
:laughing7: after Dustin knocked off the track
on the excavator in the bottom of the hole &
almost loosing the excavator to water, Fred was able to fix that temporarily again
(add Yawn Icon here)

Clean-out was 224 ounces three frowns :( :( :( because I'm still wanting them to fail, in spite of the fact they brought the old lady (for some reason her name escapes me) in to try & up interest in porcupine creek :BangHead:.

Indian river & Todd :tongue3:
Dave had to leave on Business so of course Todd decides to go against Dave's say
and open a new cut with extra chunky Bedrock they already know clogs the plant.

and against common sense to slow things down Todd decides to Push for faster Production.

No surprise here either.

the bedrock blocks the feeder & Water washes part of
4 days worth of Gold Out the
box :laughing7: they actually find a large amount of gold in the last chance carpet
proving they washed allot away.

Only surprise here this week a 107 OZ Clean out pushes there total,
thanks to dave, to 521 Ounces.

I still think Dave needs to Tie up Todd & his crew when he isn't there. Or at least send them to town to look at the local
fauna & flora for the day

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me a mod to Fred Dodges grizzly/feeder is in order. What kind of super wash plant can't handle chunks of rock? :dontknow:

Also, why not build and install a fail safe gold catcher at the end of the sluices in case of blowout? Or at the very least an automatic shut down switch when a jamb occurs. :sign13:

Back to the drawing board for Fred in my opinion.

GG~

Last edited:

Timmy Tom

Aug 14, 2012
I like Todd's excuse if there ain't gold in the box "we screwed up". I guess we is a new word for I. Then the camp fire scene "we blew gold out that one night". I think Todd needs to run for president. It's everyone else's fault not his. Then the prayer"God richly reward us with gold". It's all about the Hoffman's. Parker was pushing to hard in unsafe conditions but made a good choice in stopping. Then his 10 loads an hour was tough to do and may have caused his crash.
Fred just needs to keep on keeping on.

TT

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was Parker I'd find a way to work that discovery claim one way or another. Either rent a couple of smaller trucks or widen the road.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread