Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a feeling there will be less scripting this year than others. I didn't see all the usual "if this fails, they are DONE" type of non-sense. If they just focus on the hunt for gold it could be a watchable season.
We must not have watched the same show. "If we don't get these trucks on the road now, we have no chance of making 100ozs". Sound familiar?

Like they weren't leaving right then anyway. Because they had all those truck drivers there. Because all those truck drivers were ready to go. Think if you needed to spend a day or 2 driving to alaska, you'd want maybe a change of clothes or some snacks,..

And,.. wait for it,.. the wash plants won't be ready for 2 weeks,.. gosh and he planned things out so well over the winter.

There's no doubt in my mind that parker's wash plant stopping, the panel issue with Fred were scripted.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We must not have watched the same show. "If we don't get these trucks on the road now, we have no chance of making 100ozs". Sound familiar?

Like they weren't leaving right then anyway. Because they had all those truck drivers there. Because all those truck drivers were ready to go. Think if you needed to spend a day or 2 driving to alaska, you'd want maybe a change of clothes or some snacks,..

And,.. wait for it,.. the wash plants won't be ready for 2 weeks,.. gosh and he planned things out so well over the winter.

There's no doubt in my mind that parker's wash plant stopping, the panel issue with Fred were scripted.

I know when Parker was clearing snow for fred & talking how making good Neighbors would help,
then left expecting fred would help him if necessary,
I thought "slim chance"

I think fred wanted double what the original owner wants.

Why didn't Parker ask for the owners name & Number to discuss it with him ?
Why didn't Fred offer the number ?

no other owner ? whole thing for darma ?

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know when Parker was clearing snow for fred & talking how making good Neighbors would help,
then left expecting fred would help him if necessary,
I thought "slim chance"

I think fred wanted double what the original owner wants
I think "Discovery Channel" is his partner,...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I must have walked out of the room during that part. Sounds like the same old crap.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's also possible he got the power board for a song,
after doing the plowing. maybe even an even up trade in the first place.
and the whole bit of Drama over it was just that. Drama.

either way I still have nothing for Fred

Last edited:

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shut you can pay me and get me some funding I'll take my nephews and go find them some gold strip mining In alaska. It would be nice to hit that 100 K they are giving away friday the 2nd on gold rush

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am so sick of wasting an hour each Friday. Again another hour of watching heartache. The trammel is two weeks out, the tractor rigs get stuck, on the wrong claim, the paydirt is to deep due to all the mud, etc. The show’s producer is a joke as well as Todd, all the drama is pissing off viewers. It appears to me that more than 1.6 million in equipment has been spent and that’s what they hope to pull from the ground. How are they going to repay the investors? If I remember correctly Todd’s trammel cost $1,000,000.00 not to mention what was spent on Dave’s wash plant, 3 dump trucks, 2 excavators, 2 D9’s, generators, pumps, shipping cost, drilling cost, housing, fuel, food, etc.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then stop watching.

Which reminds me. I recorded last nights shows.
I have to take a breakfast break & go watch them so I
have something to complain about here :laughing7:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother nature a fixn' to open a HUGE can a whipbut,same fatman drama and lil'ol Parker just keeps on a bucking them odds and working his young backside off. Kudos to the kid as karma comes to visit Fred. Hahahahahaha cold,flu and rain keepn' me in so whay not see and have some fun,wish I was there in Mo' to have a cold one to watch and hoot and a holler with ya Russ---John

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
i watch the show for one reason alaska. i have worked around todds and freds so it's not them. grandpa is a good role model for parker so theres hope for him. gold shows have an attraction that makes people think finding gold is easy. the only place gold can be found easy is at the shopping mall. i love reading everybodys coments they make me smile thank you for the entertainment.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do like watching the show as well, but being so far off in location then drilling on the wrong ground is truly stupid.

Regardless of what the GPS told them, the map showing the claims along with some physical characteristics of the land should have gotten them much closer to their own ground. This set of claims has obviously been surveyed and monumented
with corner posts. Just stumbling around with a hand compass they could have come across any corner to get a starting point, then take bearing and pace to the correct property. We all probably had a funny feeling when they were saying "we must be on our claim, the GPS says so", I know I did.

It's still fun to watch and I too hope Parker does well. Grandpa is the kind of person I would like to sit by the campfire with and talk of times gone by and adventures to come.

Mike

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have worked around todds and freds so it's not them.
Then who is to blame? Todd is the one who is cutting the deals, purchasing overpriced equipment. The guy is as dumb as a box of rocks and has no business operating what he has no clue to operate. Todd is the blame. He has sucked in all others to believe in him. Sure the show most likely is scripted but how can someone be so stupid. It’s his way or no way and this being his third season you would think he has watched all the episodes and how he comes across. I bet the camera crew during off hours has a good laugh. Thank God for DVR's as I will not waste another Friday night. I will continue to watch only when I am bored and have nothing to do. Every show starts out with an issue, com'on Executive Producer (Christo Doyle) get a clue.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing really to complain about this time around

allot of instant Karma for Fred :headbang:

I guess I'll have to wait & see if the Hoffman's crew, let old man Hoffman alone with the gold
to do the weighing again.
I still think that is why they keep coming up short. he needs to buy his moraphine

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sick of wasting an hour each Friday. Again another hour of watching heartache. The trammel is two weeks out, the tractor rigs get stuck, on the wrong claim, the paydirt is to deep due to all the mud, etc. The show’s producer is a joke as well as Todd, all the drama is pissing off viewers. It appears to me that more than 1.6 million in equipment has been spent and that’s what they hope to pull from the ground. How are they going to repay the investors? If I remember correctly Todd’s trammel cost $1,000,000.00 not to mention what was spent on Dave’s wash plant, 3 dump trucks, 2 excavators, 2 D9’s, generators, pumps, shipping cost, drilling cost, housing, fuel, food, etc.
Did you see the kid running dirt through a brand spanking new mini-trommel?

Getting lost with the GPS was way, way way over the top.

If they say 'virgin ground' just one more time,...

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you see the kid running dirt through a brand spanking new mini-trommel?

Getting lost with the GPS was way, way way over the top.

If they say 'virgin ground' just one more time,...

My hats off on Parker. What 17 year old would even attempt to handle all that he does. He's driven and like a few others in here GrandPa would be great to sit down with. Todd on the other hand is clueless and has zero mechanical experience. What did he do before this show, work Dunkin Donuts?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell of an advertisement for Ford!!!!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering if the snow melt flood will wash any gold into the big trap (glory hole) that Fred dug? :dontknow:
Probably just cave it in.........unless Fred concretes the sides :tongue3:

I also wonder where Todd is going to get another claim since his Indian River claim is too deep for him to get to paydirt :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread