Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering if the snow melt flood will wash any gold into the big trap (glory hole) that Fred dug? :dontknow:
Probably just cave it in.........unless Fred concretes the sides :tongue3:

I also wonder where Todd is going to get another claim since his Indian River claim is too deep for him to get to paydirt :icon_scratch:

I Believe they Purchased the one they are trying to claim they Drilled "accidently :tongue3: "
and are now going to pretend they still have to make a deal on it.

I doubt it was accidental myself.

only other option I see is both teams move together and use the shaker till Todd's million dollar trommel arrives

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm just wondering if the snow melt flood will wash any gold into the big trap (glory hole) that Fred dug? :dontknow:
Probably just cave it in.........unless Fred concretes the sides :tongue3:

I also wonder where Todd is going to get another claim since his Indian River claim is too deep for him to get to paydirt :icon_scratch:

LOL... Fred... He's another work of art... Rather sad he can't find his way out of a cardboard box at least on this show. From reading his Bio he had his own construction company for 25 years, found 600 ounces of gold in 2008 at Little Squaw Lake, Arttic Circle. He had to dig in the same hole that Jack exposed the first year and Todd lost due to not following up on renewing the contract with the land owner (Earle Foster). James who Todd fired was about the only person who was creditable due to his mechanical abilility to repair equipment. Dave who is a Civil Engineer you would think he would have known better to double check the claim boundaries before ripping up land that was not theirs to rip up. I wonder if the land owner will be dropping by... Todd needs to stop thinking outside of the box as this has been Todds downfall the first two years and from the looks of it this year. Why did Todd or for that matter anyone address having holes drilled before any equipment was staged. Oh I know why, VIRGIN GOUND!!!

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL... Fred... He's another work of art... Rather sad he can't find his way out of a cardboard box at least on this show. From reading his Bio he had his own construction company for 25 years, found 600 ounces of gold in 2008 at Little Squaw Lake, Arttic Circle. He had to dig in the same hole that Jack exposed the first year and Todd lost due to not following up on renewing the contract with the land owner (Earle Foster). James who Todd fired was about the only person who was creditable due to his mechanical abilility to repair equipment. Dave who is a Civil Engineer you would think he would have known better to double check the claim boundaries before ripping up land that was not theirs to rip up. I wonder if the land owner will be dropping by... Todd needs to stop thinking outside of the box as this has been Todds downfall the first two years and from the looks of it this year. Why did Todd or for that matter anyone address having holes drilled before any equipment was staged. Oh I know why, VIRGIN GOUND!!!

Man you just cant fix STUPID Discovery needs to look to TNet for there miners there are some great people here.:notworthy:

camocreek

Mar 20, 2012
MN
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoy watching the show, sure they make some less-than-intelligent decisions and I'm sure parts of the show are scripted for drama, to get higher ratings, but in the end, they're getting to play with equipment that many of us only dream about.

Let's see....mining all summer in Alaska....camera crews following your every move.....have to "play it up" for tv.....huge expense budget.....did I mention mining all summer in Alaska? Where do I sign up?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Discovery does have real, skilled miners on hand like Freddy Dodge but they put guys on camera who are willing to be our source of entertainment in exchange for $$$$. You can bet they are all laughing all the way to the bank when they see the 'drama' added by the producers!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
only other option I see is both teams move together and use the shaker till Todd's million dollar trommel arrives

What happen to Dave's rig he was having built. No need for the shaker unless its stuck in the mud or somewhere in the lower 48... If they would just back off from all the drama and show more of the area, equipment in use, FINDING GOLD, etc. but the producer for whatever reason believe to make it a hit we have to have 20 minutes of drama, 20 minute of show we would watch, and 20 minutes of commericals. :icon_scratch:

JohnGalt

Nov 4, 2012
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy the show. Parker is the grandson we all would like to drive up on and ask "wheres the GOLD!" with a big smile on our face. Very sharp kid.
But just like "Ice Road Truckers", whenever there is a 100,000+ pound truck stuck on a hill on ice or in the mud, there is always an F-250 to pull it out. Good marketing, and I AM a Ford guy, but goodness .... enough already.
Regardless, ...I never miss a show.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy the show. Parker is the grandson we all would like to drive up on and ask "wheres the GOLD!" with a big smile on our face. Very sharp kid.
But just like "Ice Road Truckers", whenever there is a 100,000+ pound truck stuck on a hill on ice or in the mud, there is always an F-250 to pull it out. Good marketing, and I AM a Ford guy, but goodness .... enough already.
Regardless, ...I never miss a show.

Yea obvious someone will get stuck and phoney commercial on the way, when you hear this program is sponsored by ford

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Know, kinda transparent ..... but it sells trucks.

how about a Schwinn Bicycle commercial :laughing7:

I could think of a few for Lisa Kelly while stuck on the ice road

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Nov 4, 2012
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about a Schwinn Bicycle commercial :laughing7:

I could think of a few for Lisa Kelly while stuck on the ice road

Perhaps THAT is what she is doing now, .... creating "ICE ROAD CYLISTS", .... so we will have something to watch all winter.

And should someone get stuck .......... ? You know what will show up..............

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I enjoy the show but like most of you would rather see the country not the drama.
There are kids like Parker all over. I grew up in farming country and you see a lot of them. They've been given responsibility since they were 8 or 10. I knew one kid that his Dad let him use his truck and hay bale loader. Hauled hay all summer. Hauled seed all spring and fall. Parker has probably ran heavy equipment since he was 10 or 12.
Dave's a Civil Engineer? I worked 12 years with Engineers. Some were very sharp, some didn't have a clue if it wasn't on paper.
No excuse for drilling on land not theirs. If they had done that on my land I'd own them. I can't believe they started mining last year without having had the property drilled. In the coal mining business that's done years before mining.
And as a believer in Karma, Fred's got his commin. He'll get in a bind and go to Parker for help. After Parker moved snow for him,apparently not even getting paid for the fuel,if I were Parker I'd just sit back and watch. Hope he's the one to hit the Mother Load.

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
Parker did help Fred in a tough situation. To have Fred not do the same is showing that drama is not made up. If I remember from last season it was Fred needing more help from Parker.
Fred had his chance to even up, but failed

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Todd is a MORON!!! He removes his only wash plant with the notion of his new wash plant arriving in a few days. Then calls to learn the new wash plant is 3 weeks out… I think everyone including Todds Dad would like to place a pistol with one bullet in Todds hands and tell him to walk into the woods and use the pistol wisely. Parker is going to come out on top this season, the only reason to continue to watch...

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my god, I didn't think they could make up drama any worse. I ended up cleaning more than watching the shows. Between this and jungle gold with 'china confrontations' I'm not sure I'll watch anymore.

Been thinking about when I looked for a scene in bering sea gold. There was about 10 minutes of dredging. Take the show from online, edit out any time the narrator talks and all interpersonal "confrontations". You have a show.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Todd is a MORON!!! He removes his only wash plant with the notion of his new wash plant arriving in a few days. Then calls to learn the new wash plant is 3 weeks out… I think everyone including Todds Dad would like to place a pistol with one bullet in Todds hands and tell him to walk into the woods and use the pistol wisely. Parker is going to come out on top this season, the only reason to continue to watch...

He would miss! :tongue3:

davecl1983

Nov 10, 2012
Todd is one of the most impulsive people on earth. You would think he would check on the new wash plant before he destroys the old one.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuttn' new there as the kid Parker shines,even with a thief in camp. Todd ignorant and clueless as usual and fred's karms continues to bite his butt. What else is there to do when it 40 outside. As I've said from day 1 ..come on Parker and make your righteous grandpa proud for VETERNS DAY as he is one cool ol'cat and he's a piece a that legacy-tons a au 2 Parker---John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread