Jungle Gold - Africa

FC-Treasure

Sep 9, 2011
Northern VA
Upvote 0

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Yeah that's crazy. They don't have enough gold down there to get me to go. Ten million ounces wouldn't be enough, not when someone else can just shoot you for it and take it all. I will definitely watch though.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would much rather go to Guyana, but those two guys have guts I'll give them that :icon_thumleft:
Of course we don't see their back up..... who knows, they may have the Expendables as body guards :tongue3:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends who are in Sierra Leone and 1 going back and worry about them in that ungodly stinkn' LL hole of Africa----John

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it better to be shot or hacked to death. I can't imagine driving anything but a tank over there.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES! I'll go there as part of a tanker crew. Hit the hillside with an HE round then pan the hole! NOT! I'll just stay right here, thank you! TTC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are certain things about living in the United States of America that are unique for one in general you are relatively safe. When I'm out in the hills here my concern is about bears, rattlesnakes and keeping my toilet paper dry not wondering about someone slitting my throat. I will do my prospecting here though even being here needs some adjusting that can only happen by we the people joining together for the common good of all. Hmm, wasn't that how this country got started I mean after of course the oppresed peoples had to fight and loose their lives to start the US of A........How soon we forget, get lazy, stop voting, take handouts and allow our fredoms to be taken from us. Oh yeah, the gold in Africa still looks stunning and it is still hard work..........63bkpkr

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
I thought the Chinese were our friends ? The first thing they run into are a bunch of murderous gun toting Chinese pirates illegally squatting on thier claim ! LOL. Guess the Chinese bandits didn't get the memo from Hillary Clinton, huh ? Don't go thinking you're SAFE here in America either. At the rate our government is LEASING land to the Chinese, it's just a matter of time before you visit YOUR claim and find a bunch of heavily armed Chinese bandits waiting for you. Hey. I hear there's lots of gold in Afghanistan. Anybody wanna buy a claim there ? That'll probably be the next Discovery Channel Show.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a ''free-for -all''. Typical of most West African countries. I would guess whom ever has the most and biggest guns controls the gold mining. I also wonder if those chinese have to stop and pay a toll after they paid the local chief. (Crooked sucker ''local chief'')

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
First time a bunch of Chinese try strongarm claim jumping on US Soil, will be their last day on earth. BLM is puhing their luck too.
Nuff Said.

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
First time a bunch of Chinese try strongarm claim jumping on US Soil, will be their last day on earth. BLM is puhing their luck too.
Nuff Said.

I like this man's thinking! lol

It looked like a rough place indeed when they showed up to their claim.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, they worked a whole episode into firing the mechanic. They were bringing in the second excavator which is funny, because they were running 2 at the end of the prior episode.

They have plenty of water, why pump it out, shovel dirt & gravel everywhere, and run a trommel. Dredge that hole.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
just to show you the level of their knowledge on this equipment, look at how they have their carpet in their equipment. its in there with rows going with the flow of water/material. this is a direct route for thei fine gold to flow out of their sluice!and theyre crying about not getting the gold! stupid is as stupid does!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O dumb de dumb o dumb de dumb. Newbies in africa--the question still is--fried in a wok by the chinamen or in a stew by them nutzo darkies ,as somebodies a gonna die right quick like. I could find more gold than them idjets 15 minutes from my house with a 4" dredge in a day :headbang: and total cost= $8.00 for gas and a 6 hour shift with 1/2 hour or so driving time :tongue3: John

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, they worked a whole episode into firing the mechanic. They were bringing in the second excavator which is funny, because they were running 2 at the end of the prior episode.

They have plenty of water, why pump it out, shovel dirt & gravel everywhere, and run a trommel. Dredge that hole.

Dredging would be an excellent idea if it wasn't for all the oreless overburden. No point in wasting fuel in processing all that overburden.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread