Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Jungle Gold - Africa

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2011
    13 times

Jungle Gold - Africa

FYI, new series on Discovery, mining in Ghana, Africa called Jungle Gold. This is not Guyana in South America where the Hoffman crew filmed a special. I was confused at first when someone told me about it. Premiers tonight 9 pm CST.

About The Show : Discovery Channel

us
    Jun 2009
    Blue Ridge, South Carolina
    280 times
    Yeah that's crazy. They don't have enough gold down there to get me to go. Ten million ounces wouldn't be enough, not when someone else can just shoot you for it and take it all. I will definitely watch though.
    Mr.T likes this.
    Sample till you find the hot spot, then mine it till its gone! Then start over...

us
    Mar 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Gold Bug 2
    168 times
    Prospecting
    Got it on my DVR. Gonna watch it tonight.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1813 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I would much rather go to Guyana, but those two guys have guts I'll give them that
    Of course we don't see their back up..... who knows, they may have the Expendables as body guards
    TerryC and GrayCloud like this.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1947 times
    I have friends who are in Sierra Leone and 1 going back and worry about them in that ungodly stinkn' LL hole of Africa----John

May 2012
    211 times
    Is it better to be shot or hacked to death. I can't imagine driving anything but a tank over there.
    TerryC and GrayCloud like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1606 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    YES! I'll go there as part of a tanker crew. Hit the hillside with an HE round then pan the hole! NOT! I'll just stay right here, thank you! TTC
    GrayCloud likes this.
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    'South' Texas
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    1385 times
    There are certain things about living in the United States of America that are unique for one in general you are relatively safe. When I'm out in the hills here my concern is about bears, rattlesnakes and keeping my toilet paper dry not wondering about someone slitting my throat. I will do my prospecting here though even being here needs some adjusting that can only happen by we the people joining together for the common good of all. Hmm, wasn't that how this country got started I mean after of course the oppresed peoples had to fight and loose their lives to start the US of A........How soon we forget, get lazy, stop voting, take handouts and allow our fredoms to be taken from us. Oh yeah, the gold in Africa still looks stunning and it is still hard work..........63bkpkr
    Goodyguy, GrayCloud and paulm777 like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Mar 2011
    101 times
    I thought the Chinese were our friends ? The first thing they run into are a bunch of murderous gun toting Chinese pirates illegally squatting on thier claim ! LOL. Guess the Chinese bandits didn't get the memo from Hillary Clinton, huh ? Don't go thinking you're SAFE here in America either. At the rate our government is LEASING land to the Chinese, it's just a matter of time before you visit YOUR claim and find a bunch of heavily armed Chinese bandits waiting for you. Hey. I hear there's lots of gold in Afghanistan. Anybody wanna buy a claim there ? That'll probably be the next Discovery Channel Show.

Charter Member
    us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    2515 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Looks like a ''free-for -all''. Typical of most West African countries. I would guess whom ever has the most and biggest guns controls the gold mining. I also wonder if those chinese have to stop and pay a toll after they paid the local chief. (Crooked sucker ''local chief'')
    GrayCloud likes this.

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    67 times
    First time a bunch of Chinese try strongarm claim jumping on US Soil, will be their last day on earth. BLM is puhing their luck too.
    Nuff Said.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayCloud View Post
    First time a bunch of Chinese try strongarm claim jumping on US Soil, will be their last day on earth. BLM is puhing their luck too.
    Nuff Said.
    I like this man's thinking! lol

It looked like a rough place indeed when they showed up to their claim.
    GrayCloud likes this.

www.southeasterngold.com
    http://goldprospectingtips.blogspot.com

May 2012
    211 times
    Wow, they worked a whole episode into firing the mechanic. They were bringing in the second excavator which is funny, because they were running 2 at the end of the prior episode.

They have plenty of water, why pump it out, shovel dirt & gravel everywhere, and run a trommel. Dredge that hole.
    Last edited by jcazgoldchaser; Nov 18, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    616 times
    just to show you the level of their knowledge on this equipment, look at how they have their carpet in their equipment. its in there with rows going with the flow of water/material. this is a direct route for thei fine gold to flow out of their sluice!and theyre crying about not getting the gold! stupid is as stupid does!
    kuger and old digger like this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1947 times
    O dumb de dumb o dumb de dumb. Newbies in africa--the question still is--fried in a wok by the chinamen or in a stew by them nutzo darkies ,as somebodies a gonna die right quick like. I could find more gold than them idjets 15 minutes from my house with a 4" dredge in a day and total cost= $8.00 for gas and a 6 hour shift with 1/2 hour or so driving time John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors