Claims for sale in the North Carolina Area

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would love to lease vein mountain to gold prospect

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mu50stang, Carolina Emerald Mine and Vein Mountain Gold Camp is not for sale but can be leased on a "year to year" bases. I just called and was asked to call back when the owner was available, 7 pm eastern time. GPAA also has a claim on the mountain. I pay $30 a month for my GPAA membership plus $10 monthly maintainance. That would not only get you onto Vein mtn, but also ALL of their claims... countrywide. I am unaware of any NC claims for sale. But hey, why buy the cow when you only want the milk? TTC

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know there is no such thing as a "gold claim" east of the Mississippi river.
Anyone can prospect public access areas or private property with permission.

State and federal parks will have rules on what equipment is permitted.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

GG~

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are States east of the Mississippi where you can stake claims. They are not necessarily called "gold claims"

SGTDirk

Sep 2, 2005
Columbia, SC
I'm pretty sure that State and National parks don't allow prospecting in any way, State and National Forrests do though but with limitations on the equipment.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure that State and National parks don't allow prospecting in any way, State and National Forrests do though but with limitations on the equipment.

Yep I meant to say forests not parks. Plus I meant National not Federal (senior moment) :tongue3:
Thank you for the correction.

GG~

Last edited:

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG we all have those senior moments especially me.LOL Get you a GPAA membership like Terry says you don't have to buy the cow just to get the milk HH ejoy you quest for gold

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG we all have those senior moments especially me.LOL Get you a GPAA membership like Terry says you don't have to buy the cow just to get the milk HH ejoy you quest for gold

Thanks Freddy,
Been a GPAA member for over ten years now. Also have prospected the Vein Mountain property and many other properties in North Carolina and Georgia. I have yet to see a gold claim on BLM land east of the Mississippi. There are plenty of gold bearing properties east of the Mississippi that are leased to the GPAA but they are privately owned property not gold claims on federal land.

Here is what I found......There are only 4 states east of the Mississippi that are open to mineral claim and even then it's limited to hardrock minerals not placers.

http://www.blm.gov/es/st/en/prog/minerals/mining_claims.html

Where can I get a mining claim in the Eastern States?

On Public Domain lands in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida, mining claims may be staked (located) for hardrock minerals.

Public Domain lands in other states under Eastern States' jurisdiction are not open to the location of mining claims. Mining claims can be located on open public domain land administered by another federal agency (most commonly on Forest Service land) which are open to mineral entry.
What are Public Domain lands?

Public domain minerals are those minerals that have never left Federal ownership. Reconveyed minerals are considered public domain minerals under the mining laws. Lands that have left Federal ownership and then later acquired by the United States are said to be acquired lands. Mining claims cannot be staked on acquired minerals; a prospecting permit (43 CFR 3500) is required to prospect for acquired minerals. Claims may not be located in areas closed to mineral entry by a special act of Congress, regulation, or public land order. These areas are said to be "withdrawn" from mineral entry. Privately owned lands, trust lands, sovereign lands, national parks and monuments, as well as Indian and military reservations, are excluded from location of mining claims. In Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida, the proper BLM office to file a copy of an official mining claim record is the BLM Eastern States Office located in Springfield, Virginia.
Special note for Quartz in Arkansas. Quartz is a locatable mineral, but P.L. 100-446, Section 323, was put into law September 27, 1988. Quartz on the Ouachita National Forest in Arkansas ceased to be locatable on Public Domain nor leasable on Acquired status lands and made it salable, under Forest Service authority. For more information, please visit the Forest Service's quartz program webpage.

http://www.blm.gov/es/st/en/prog/minerals/mining_claims.html

GG~

Last edited:

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Federal Lands Open to Mining

There are 19 States where you may locate mining claims or sites. These States are Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. The BLM manages the surface of public lands in these States and the Forest Service manages the surface of National Forest System lands. The BLM is responsible for the subsurface minerals on both its public lands and National Forest System lands.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/media...N_/energy.Par.28664.File.dat/MiningClaims.pdf

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/16C2.txt

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at numerous old 1800's mines that are in the unrecovered gold reports. I look up the owner and deeds to see if they own the mineral rights (or who owns the mineral rights) Whenever I can get out of NJ I'm planning on contacting the owners of a few select properties to see if a deal can be struck.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been looking at numerous old 1800's mines that are in the unrecovered gold reports. I look up the owner and deeds to see if they own the mineral rights (or who owns the mineral rights) Whenever I can get out of NJ I'm planning on contacting the owners of a few select properties to see if a deal can be struck.
Nick, if you are planning to "purchase" the rights to certain "unrecovered" gold from current owners, may I suggest the following plan. No need to purchase from these guys (firms). Go after the claims that are "closed". If you are refering to claims on BLM land, in the west (1800s), then they have given up their right to the claim if they are not paying the required maintainence fees. Those still holding on to the claims by paying the fees are clearly signaling that the amount of unrecovered ore is worth holding onto it. You will pay too much to these people for an active claim. There are HUNDREDS of claims out here with unrecovered gold in them.... that nobody has a right to till you pay the (less than) $200 to claim it! If you have been following my posts, then you KNOW how hard I have been trying to get people to learn the ins and outs of the BLM LR2000 page. The page is easily navigated from your home (internet connected) computer. No big mystery. It's that easy. Anyway, it's your choice to pursue the course you see fit. Either way, I hope you success. Take care. TTC

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking in NC. I will need to make deals with the property owners. I'm sure most don't have a clue that there is gold on their property so it shouldn't be to hard.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking in NC. I will need to make deals with the property owners. I'm sure most don't have a clue that there is gold on their property so it shouldn't be to hard.
Good deal, Nick. TTC

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone know where I could look to buy a claim or gold bearing land for sale in North Carolina. I tried looking up claims but can't find anything. Thanks.
Mu50stang, you & NickMarch might want to pm me, I own land in an area that has been discussed here that has been gold mined in past (1800-1900s) and still has gold on it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread