Gold prospecting

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Keep a lookout for diamonds. Like the gold in that area, most anything you find in the gravels probably was brought down with the glaciers. Not much gold, not many diamonds, but some of the agates and other stones of interest might be worth the effort.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am scouting the white river near Indianapolis and I have a sluice box that can pick up some good gold but I am wondering if I will even find gold at all?

Wrong attitude my fellow Hoosier...... Think positive and get to prospecting, that gold wont jump into the sluice all by itself :tongue3:
Been out many times only to return home skunked..... But I learned where the gold was not hiding.

Dont even use the sluice until you test pan for color. Once you find a concentration of specks then get into production with the sluice.

GG~

Last edited:

chrisgentry

Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy i like the response. Always think positive.
Well im a new member here, and my question is, is there any laws keeping me from metal detecting along the white river in indianapolis

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy i like the response. Always think positive.
Well im a new member here, and my question is, is there any laws keeping me from metal detecting along the white river in Indianapolis

None that I know of, as long as you are on public property you should be fine. And of course always get permission from landowners of private property, and fill all holes. I'm sure you do, but the grandpa in me has to remind everyone anyway :tongue3:

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions