jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One noticeable change in 2013 will be the shift from Gold & Treasure Shows to Gold & Treasure Expos.

“Expo tells you straight up that we’ve got vendors ready to sell you products,” said Trade Show Manager Gary Sturgill. “That’s where you’re going to find the latest and greatest new equipment and the vendors are going to demonstrate how to use it.”

Sturgill said education will take on a pivotal role in 2013 with much more focus on teaching people how to prospect and pan for gold.

“We’re actually going to have a few different guest speakers who we haven’t had before,” he said.

Some of the returning speakers will include Gold Cube inventor Mike Pung talking about fine gold recovery, GPAA Executive Director of Operations Dominic Ricci talking about the Alaska Gold Expedition, GPAA Executive Director of Development Kevin Hoagland talking about metal detecting and Walt Wegner of Public Lands for the People.

Wegner, who is PLP vice-president, delivers informative talks on the importance of land rights, your right to prospect, stake a claim and mine on public lands. He talks about how some of those rights have been eroded under all levels of government including the federal government and even the United Nations under Agenda 21, for example.

“Walt gets a lot of people and they are well-informed when they leave,” Sturgill said.

The Expo will cover more than just gold, including gem and treasure hunting.

Goldshow Articles - GPAA unveils 2013 Gold & Treasure Expo Schedule

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, imagine that. Probably coinciding with locations they plan on filming episodes of GF.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last 4 years I've been watching with anticipation to see

York, PA or Carlisle, PA on the list again.

I guess their venders didn't make enough here to get them to come back :(
I think Tom got skunked panning the creeks between here , Maryland & West Va. too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread