Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! Your question is very broad. Good metal detectors start around $170.00, and go right on up to $6,700.00 each. There are Single- frequency, and Multi- frequency "VLF" metal detectors, and Pulse Induction, or "PI" metal detectors. The Minelab GPX 5000, will find a gold coin at 30" deep, while a Tesoro Compadre will find the same gold coin no deeper than 10" deep. Do some reading through the old threads here and try and make your questions less general in nature, and more specific. Where do you want to detect? Is there saltwater, freshwater, is it dirt, sand, gravel?

OP
OP
D

dreamguy_100

Nov 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My search will be mainly on the land (near old sites, buildings etc) to find hidden treasures. If water, it will be fresh water. I want to look for a device that can detect metal in depth of 3 meters. If the range is more then that's even better.

Instead of walking around the entire place, i want to first scan the area for any gold. If the scan is positive then i want to pin point the exact place where it is hidden. I think I need two or more devices for doing this task.

Please let me know if this can be done and which type of devices I should look for and its cost.

Thank you

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know of any So called long range detectors that are truely any good to scan an area I think they are all a bunch of hype to sell something for 10's of thousands of dollars check out the thread the moderators have posted about long range detectors it is very informative... Just put the coil to ground and swing it low and slow, HH Also take terry solomans advice narrow done your question

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread