black hills gold claim

Edge2sharp

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
I know this a redundant question since I have read alot of your very informative threads in here. I am looking to get a gold claim in south Dakota black hills region and I guess one of my questions would be is if anyone knows a trustworthy small claims seller. I know these can be very risky of what I have seen doing it this way. My whole problem is I done have time to go scout it out that often and what I have read is the paperwork can be a real headache. Or is joining a club like GPAA worth it. I done know how many claims they have going on up there to work on. I would like to own a small family parcel just to go to 3-4 times a year since i am about 8 hours away. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the area and any suggestions on reputable companies that sell these kind of claims there

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian, good idea or a local club or...both!

BrianMaruska

Greenie
Nov 24, 2012
Rapid City, SD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only "qualm" I have about GPAA is maybe going to a claim and finding out that all the rocks have been turned over already. Have to see.

I am interested in see if once the weather gets better around here, with exception to this weekend being 65 degrees in December, if someone around here would let me go out with them for a day. Not necessarily to do my own prospecting but just to get a feel for what is even going on.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GPAA (and most other clubs) will let you go on a club outing to one of their claims as a guest once to see what you think.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian,
Send me your email address via private message and I will return you one with more detailed info on Black Hills mining and GPAA claims. Sorry I have been on here only briefly as of late to answer you.

B H Prospector

HeavyDelta

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, just joined this site and found your discussion. I belong to the GPAA and spent some time in the Hills on their claims. Nice claims and we had fun, found one nice flake and some fine powder gold. This was our first year out and loved it. I am a disabled Vet. and retired after 19 years in the MN National Guard. I am glad I came across you guys because I was thinking about a claim for sale online but I think I will look into other options. I plan on making several trips to the Black Hills this summer and would love to have my own claim, is there any place in the Hills that sell claims? I will remain a member of the GPAA but it would be nice to have a place of my own. I've been to the MaryAnn and plan on going back, maybe I will run into some of you. Thanks and I will check in frequently.

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to get to one of the south dakota gpaa claims sometime in the near future too, it seems to be the place to go if your a minnesota prospector.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Heavydelta and mattfink,
I live in Rapid City and am willing to help you with any questions you may have. There are a lot of Minnesota folks coming here to prospect, Heavy you said you were at the Maryann. I own the claim to the north of the Maryann. That GPAA claim is a pretty good one. As far as buying a claim, be very careful. There is an outfit out of Minnesota called Sunset Vally Mining selling bogus claims. They are selling claims that are cross filed on existing claims along Rapid Creek near Rochford and Mystic. They are also selling claims on land that has been closed to mineral extraction along Castle Creek and on private land. Look at their web site map for Rapid Creek where Rochford rd and Mystic rd meet. Those claims they are selling are already claimed and have been for over 30 years. So be very careful. Best to buy a claim from a miner who actually worked the claim for sale and not a real estate company who has never turned a shovel of dirt and only knows how to file paperwork. Any way welcome to the forum and Tnet and hope to see ya in the field this summer.

B H Prospector

HeavyDelta

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I had looked at their site a few times but for now I think the GPAA claims will work. I plan on working the MaryAnn claim as much as I can this summer. Maybe run into you out there. Thanks again.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Heavydelta and mattfink,
I live in Rapid City and am willing to help you with any questions you may have. There are a lot of Minnesota folks coming here to prospect, Heavy you said you were at the Maryann. I own the claim to the north of the Maryann. That GPAA claim is a pretty good one. As far as buying a claim, be very careful. There is an outfit out of Minnesota called Sunset Vally Mining selling bogus claims. They are selling claims that are cross filed on existing claims along Rapid Creek near Rochford and Mystic. They are also selling claims on land that has been closed to mineral extraction along Castle Creek and on private land. Look at their web site map for Rapid Creek where Rochford rd and Mystic rd meet. Those claims they are selling are already claimed and have been for over 30 years. So be very careful. Best to buy a claim from a miner who actually worked the claim for sale and not a real estate company who has never turned a shovel of dirt and only knows how to file paperwork. Any way welcome to the forum and Tnet and hope to see ya in the field this summer.

B H Prospector

Thanks for looking out for others B H.

All the best,

Lanny

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lanny,
I was taught by my parents that it is just as easy to be good and an honest person as it is to be a crook. Honesty gets you more friends. I Hope I have passed that on to my kids and grandkids.

Good Luck!!

B H Prospector

mschlaht

Greenie
Aug 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B H prospector. My name is mike and i am looking to buy a claim to fully mine year round. With full investment. Do you know of any one who is selling a claim with wet Pau and excellent prospect. And other minerals to mine out We can do dry but less profitable cause of hauling and down time. if so please email me and let me know. [email protected] thank you. For your time in this manner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread