Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
036006 could mean Lot 6 in section 36. Between 1851 and 1856 they used a different system that didn't last long because it was so confusing.

I am dealing with one right now, an old claim that was originally located as "lots 6 and 7" in sec 32, etc., etc......

this may also help- http://www.blm.gov/or/pubroom/files/MTP_Help.pdf

Look in the lower left hand corner and along the bottom for information regarding the Weeks act and the difference between "US Recon" and "WD US"

Last edited:

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aliquot's or lots are still on many MTP's in Nevada. I think they were designated because of their odd size, i.e. not 640 acres or standard 1 mi. sq. section size.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I appreaciate it. I'm pretty sure I figured it out what its means. Ive been looking to get a claim for sometime and look forward to finally staking one.. Thankyou.

goldseeker777

Feb 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the number 37 at the bottom of a Section mean per Master Title Plats in California.
thank you

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What does the number 37 at the bottom of a Section mean per Master Title Plats in California.
thank you

Welcome to Tnet 777. :hello2:

The 37 is more than likely the Patent number for that portion of the section.

You can learn a lot more in the Land Matters Tutorials Section. Right on the front page you will find the tutorial on Reading Master Title Plats.

Soon Land Matters will be offering a 4 part video tutorial on understanding those confusing Master Title Plats. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

vbaca

May 29, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was trying to find out what this means in regarding mining claims and being able to locate when looking on the Master Title Plats on the Blm website on the section of creek im lookimg at shows this ( S 036006 Recon All Min ) Any help on what this means would be helpfull thanks

The Letter and following number refers to the patent number that was issued when the parcel was conveyed back to the US

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread