Big Bear prospecting

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've never prospected Big Bear Scott but I sure do like the beer and pizza up there (it helps ease the pain after a long day of my wife dragging me through all of the country quilt and other chick stores in town)Have fun Bro...Rob

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you good luck(I hate that other kind of luck).
I found some gold in 98 on the South Fork Santa Ana River off Hwy38.
I camped at the fishing camp. It's on the map.
It's the back side of the Bear.
My Cousin Tony and I dug up about 30 buckets in 2 days for a return of 2 grams.
10 buckets we pulled out of a nearby 15' piles that the road service had brought in from nearby dry river beds to be used for road side berms to winterize the hwy.
Got a 1/8" picker from that batch.
Mostly small flood gold from the river.
Now I went north on the 18 toward the pass and was told there are dry creeks to the NW side of the Hwy that you can dry wash.
I did get a small bucket sample that had a little color. Never could get back there to do any mining. I think it was on a GPAA claim.
Check this out. GPAA Ariel 18N.jpg
GPAA Hwy18.jpg
It looked good 15 years ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Hard Prospector said:
I've never prospected Big Bear Scott but I sure do like the beer and pizza up there (it helps ease the pain after a long day of my wife dragging me through all of the country quilt and other chick stores in town)Have fun Bro...Rob

Yo Rob I hear that! Spent many a night at the sports bar there watching the kings games and getting snowed in. Snowed in I mean to much beer to drive lol. What's wrong with quilting! Hahaha. Your a better man than me, I'm gonna find some dirt to dry wash and let her shopping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread