Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hefty1,
If'n I read your 13 Dec forward correctly you have a case against the USF of CA, the Sheriff in FH and all the other folks that were included in the emails of the said USF agent that committed the taking of your personal and mining property from your legal mining claim. That is an interesting Christmas present..............63bkpkr

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The group that gets the loudest, is the best organized, that mounts the best campaign, that pushes back the hardest will win the fight for dredging in Oregon. Just because California did what they did does not mean it needs to be tolerated in Oregon. California doesn't need to be the watershed for everywhere else--get organized and fight back hard: apathy kills, action saves.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:

Davidail

Nov 3, 2012
North FL and North GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector with 5" coil making it the AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They've already did this in GA and Several Southern States. No Engines, No dredging No sluices just panning on Public Lands, And No prospecting is allowed either just recreational panning. Also they actually say if you find a nugget or anything of value over $25.00 you are suppose to turn it in to the Forest Ranger....

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the states will follow through if it's allowed. Now the gun ban will be pushed as well to disarm the miners if nobody else cause we are all fighting already through this bureaucratic bs. I hadn't heard about Georgia losing anything new until just now, is this new or from this year? Most of the property there is privately owned and motorized equipment is allowed. The only places that have recreational panning only & so on is the National & State Park areas & it's been this way for a long time. But using power equipment on your private land or mining property is still legal as far as I know.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Reed--If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to witness it doesn't that mean it never happened and it was already downed :occasion14: John

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Reed - glad to see you here! I've missed seeing your videos. I'll bet you are pretty much snowed in for the winter:unhappysmiley:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it fell it must have been old growth, we should call the greenies and have them measure the fallen trees... (Into 20" sections for my stove, haha.)

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I have snow & I've fallen into a chair for the last couple weeks, but the weathers clear & frozen for now. I've got a lot of mining to do & this weather has been keeping me warm & cozy in the house instead... lol. But finally the holidays are over & it's off to blm for me next to file some new claims for the year.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kitt - sucking has been outlawed. You will have to use another s word but do remember this is a family forum.....63bkpkr

zumben

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
henderson nc
Detector(s) used
i would like to learn how to. I live on two acres that i would like to do sme metaldecting on.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hord your gold its going to skyrocket like grazy and silver is on the rize agian

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be nice to sit on your butt in a warm office, with lots of gourmet coffee available and make decisions on mining regulations and restrictions that will cause many good folks to loose their right to mine for gold and other minerals. I hope that some of the letters we have written to them are taken to heart and they vote NO on SB115 because it is NOT good for Oregon. It is not only the miners that will loose.....anyone that uses the land and its' resources will loose in the long run....hunters, fishermen,farmers, loggers...... :BangHead: Just the beginning of a lot more nasty legislation that is forthcoming.......

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Oregon SB 370 will will require any one Placer Mining (on a mining claim?) to pay 125.00 for a new DSL placer mining permit.
mine with out one 30 days in jail, $1250.00 fine or both.
http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/sb0300.dir/sb0370.intro.pdf

LC 2125 is is now a Sentate bill SB115
http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/sb0100.dir/sb0115.intro.pdf

and
SB 401 will close cow creek, graves creek, quartsville, the Rouge, the South Umpqua and many many more... Text in Black is New
http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/sb0400.dir/sb0401.intro.pdf

Please send a message to Oregon Law Makers, Senator’s address Link below:
http://www.leg.state.or.us/dynamic/members.html?member-type=senator
Writing Tips
A. Open your letter or email with the words: "Dear Senator/Representative ____"
B. Start your letter clearly stating that you oppose SB115, SB370 & SB401 and wish that they do too.
C. Briefly explain why you are against this Bill, and how it will affect you (such as how it will make your property (claims & equipment) worthless, etc.; how it will hurt Oregon's already depressed economy (or your own); how it violates the United States Mining Laws; how it will destroy the Living Heritage of Mining that first settled much of Oregon; how there is no need for such a prohibition; and anything else that comes to mind). Put it in your own words!
You might also mention how making violations a Class A misdemeanor, with possible fines as high as $6,250, one year in jail, or both, is ______________!
D. DO NOT use defamatory or threatening statements – these letters usually go into the trash. Be sincere, respectful, and polite.
E. Write your letter(s) so that they are legible. Letters that are hard to read are usually not read! If you can't write legibly, ask someone to help you. You do not need to be an English scholar, but it does help to read your letter out-loud, or have someone else read it to you, before you send it.
F. Just saying "Please oppose SB115, SB370 & SB401 " is better than saying nothing!
G. Make sure you say "Please make this part of the record for SB115, SB370 & SB401 " and put your name and address at the bottom of your emails or letters. You may also request that your name be added to the contact list of people to be kept informed of any developments regarding SB115, SB370 & SB401.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
This was just posted over at the oregongoldhunters site. It makes for a quick and easy way to address (TO: box in your e-mail window) your emails to ALL the senators in one easy stroke.
http://www.oregongoldhunters.com/viewtopic.php?t=5128&f=103
I would advise that we all send this link to all the mining, forestry, ranchers, rafting, and homeowners that we know. There are several informative posts relating to the above bills and some BIG eye openers. Just with what I've read these are hastily formed bills with so many "obscure" phrases that it's just the kind of thing that will surprise even the so called enviro's and bite us all in the arse.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can ya'all feel all the luv now?? Just the beginning,hold on tight as the avalanche of proposals/bills/regs/rules/promulgations just hitting now-ugly igly ugly-John

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Can ya'all feel all the luv now?? Just the beginning,hold on tight as the avalanche of proposals/bills/regs/rules/promulgations just hitting now-ugly igly ugly-John

John, you act as if we've never fought this kind of crap in Oregon before.... LOL! Just for your information we've been going at it for many many years now. Just so ya know- :thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at it for over 46 years and learned in 1983 that Oregon sucks with their insane bs laws and left that garbage and NEVER wasted a single minute there since. Cost our mining division of Cirtel over 1/2 mill,7months work and then when all demanded work done the filthy dogs came in loaded up all the trees we salvaged outta a 2 mile gulch as (that they demanded)and debarked and then shut us down. Nope not never. I've sent many checks to 3 Oregon organzizations and am a staunch supporter of Tom K so yes I am dam aware of Oregon insanity,just wouldn't participate as keeping dredging open in Kalif was a full time job that demanded everything. We retired and the idjets Miners Rights groups and cancer from the klamath and mega club bs---lost it all hahahaha--John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread