Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: The attack to shut down Oregon suction dredging has begun

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    'South' Texas
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    1465 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    kitt - sucking has been outlawed. You will have to use another s word but do remember this is a family forum.....63bkpkr
    Fullpan and gold nuggets like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    prospecting

Jan 2013
    henderson nc
    i would like to learn how to. I live on two acres that i would like to do sme metaldecting on.
    5 times
    Hord your gold its going to skyrocket like grazy and silver is on the rize agian

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times
    LC2125 is now SB115- in case anyone has an interest in following it- here is the text of the proposal-

Relating to placer mining; creating new provisions; amending ORS 196.910 and 390.835; and declaring an emergency.
    Last edited by Jeffro; Jan 15, 2013 at 01:32 AM.

us
    Apr 2008
    Springfield, Oregon
    Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
    134 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Must be nice to sit on your butt in a warm office, with lots of gourmet coffee available and make decisions on mining regulations and restrictions that will cause many good folks to loose their right to mine for gold and other minerals. I hope that some of the letters we have written to them are taken to heart and they vote NO on SB115 because it is NOT good for Oregon. It is not only the miners that will loose.....anyone that uses the land and its' resources will loose in the long run....hunters, fishermen,farmers, loggers...... Just the beginning of a lot more nasty legislation that is forthcoming.......
    Fullpan and Oakview2 like this.
    It's amazing just how much treasure people loose and we manage to find.

us
    Dec 2010
    520 times
    Oregon SB 370 will will require any one Placer Mining (on a mining claim?) to pay 125.00 for a new DSL placer mining permit.
    mine with out one 30 days in jail, $1250.00 fine or both.
    http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/sb0300.dir/sb0370.intro.pdf

LC 2125 is is now a Sentate bill SB115
    http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/sb0100.dir/sb0115.intro.pdf

and
    SB 401 will close cow creek, graves creek, quartsville, the Rouge, the South Umpqua and many many more... Text in Black is New
    http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/sb0400.dir/sb0401.intro.pdf

Please send a message to Oregon Law Makers, Senator’s address Link below:
    http://www.leg.state.or.us/dynamic/members.html?member-type=senator
    Writing Tips
    A. Open your letter or email with the words: "Dear Senator/Representative ____"
    B. Start your letter clearly stating that you oppose SB115, SB370 & SB401 and wish that they do too.
    C. Briefly explain why you are against this Bill, and how it will affect you (such as how it will make your property (claims & equipment) worthless, etc.; how it will hurt Oregon's already depressed economy (or your own); how it violates the United States Mining Laws; how it will destroy the Living Heritage of Mining that first settled much of Oregon; how there is no need for such a prohibition; and anything else that comes to mind). Put it in your own words!
    You might also mention how making violations a Class A misdemeanor, with possible fines as high as $6,250, one year in jail, or both, is ______________!
    D. DO NOT use defamatory or threatening statements – these letters usually go into the trash. Be sincere, respectful, and polite.
    E. Write your letter(s) so that they are legible. Letters that are hard to read are usually not read! If you can't write legibly, ask someone to help you. You do not need to be an English scholar, but it does help to read your letter out-loud, or have someone else read it to you, before you send it.
    F. Just saying "Please oppose SB115, SB370 & SB401 " is better than saying nothing!
    G. Make sure you say "Please make this part of the record for SB115, SB370 & SB401 " and put your name and address at the bottom of your emails or letters. You may also request that your name be added to the contact list of people to be kept informed of any developments regarding SB115, SB370 & SB401.

us
    Dec 2010
    520 times
    This was just posted over at the oregongoldhunters site. It makes for a quick and easy way to address (TO: box in your e-mail window) your emails to ALL the senators in one easy stroke.
    http://www.oregongoldhunters.com/viewtopic.php?t=5128&f=103
    I would advise that we all send this link to all the mining, forestry, ranchers, rafting, and homeowners that we know. There are several informative posts relating to the above bills and some BIG eye openers. Just with what I've read these are hastily formed bills with so many "obscure" phrases that it's just the kind of thing that will surprise even the so called enviro's and bite us all in the arse.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2413 times
    Can ya'all feel all the luv now?? Just the beginning,hold on tight as the avalanche of proposals/bills/regs/rules/promulgations just hitting now-ugly igly ugly-John

us
    Dec 2010
    520 times
    The latest info on SB 115, SB 370, SB 401 Alan Bates Launches Attack on Mining, Water and Property Rights

a printable flyer to hand out or post
    http://www.galicemining.com/poster.pdf

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Can ya'all feel all the luv now?? Just the beginning,hold on tight as the avalanche of proposals/bills/regs/rules/promulgations just hitting now-ugly igly ugly-John
    John, you act as if we've never fought this kind of crap in Oregon before.... LOL! Just for your information we've been going at it for many many years now. Just so ya know-

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2413 times
    I've been at it for over 46 years and learned in 1983 that Oregon sucks with their insane bs laws and left that garbage and NEVER wasted a single minute there since. Cost our mining division of Cirtel over 1/2 mill,7months work and then when all demanded work done the filthy dogs came in loaded up all the trees we salvaged outta a 2 mile gulch as (that they demanded)and debarked and then shut us down. Nope not never. I've sent many checks to 3 Oregon organzizations and am a staunch supporter of Tom K so yes I am dam aware of Oregon insanity,just wouldn't participate as keeping dredging open in Kalif was a full time job that demanded everything. We retired and the idjets Miners Rights groups and cancer from the klamath and mega club bs---lost it all hahahaha--John

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    85 times
    "Can ya'all feel all the luv now??" "lost it all hahahaha--John"

You come across as snarky and comical John. Is there something that's funny to you in this? Just wondering where you are standing, cause to me the root cause of all this is eco-wack jobs, not other miners.

May 2012
    nevada
    1481 times
    Jeffro, you got to cut HJ a little slack - I had same reaction till I went back into ancient posts here, and also researched his involvement trying to save dredging
    for more than 15 years. He's a good man but gets a little squirrely when dredge bans come up, don't blame him till you know how hard he fought, and how
    much pain there is. For instance, John was the only dredger to enter the public input process with multiple pages of evidence
    back up with factual references - must have spent several weeks and significant money to get it into final form for submission
    and that's just for starters.
    Last edited by Fullpan; Jan 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM.

May 2012
    nevada
    1481 times
    Can't keep my big mouth shut. You dredgers in Oregon think this upcoming fight is about individual rights, truth versus enviro bs, fairness? No - right now,
    its ALL about politics, money, and influence. After you lose this fight, and stop saying "wha happen'd", there's a chance the courts will ultimately decide in
    your favor, after 10 or fifteen years. For years the enviros have been laying groundwork, by smooshing Ore. agency heads, filling the pockets of lobbyists,
    brainwashing wealthy foundations, and financing their puppet legislaters. Unless the miners have 5-10 million to do your own dirty dealing, your dead meat.
    While you stand on the porch next year, crying "that wasn't fair! boo-hoo", the big dogs will be long gone, zeroing in on their next target. The only cards
    you have to play is trying to scare all parties to this madness, by threatening individuals with lawsuits, everyday, all day long! And even this won't work
    unless you actually hire multiple law firms to send "letters of intent to sue" That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Fullpan; Jan 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: not germane

us
    Dec 2010
    520 times
    Sent: Mon, January 21, 2013 9:18:52 PM
    Subject: FW:

Hefty
    Just thought you might like to see who is responsible for the mining bills in Oregon. Got this reply today. Might pass this guy’s name around.

Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 7:04 AM
    To:
    Subject: RE:

Me too. These bills are brought to you by Sen Dingfelder. They will be tough to stop with D’s in majority. Chuck

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:54 AM
    To: Sen.HermanBaertschiger@leg.state.or.us; Sen Bates; Sen Beyer; Sen Boquist; Sen Burdick; Sen Close; Sen Courtney; Sen Devlin; Sen Dingfelder; Sen Edwards C; Sen Ferrioli; Sen George L; Sen Girod; Sen Hansell; Sen Hass; Sen Johnson; Sen Knopp; Sen Kruse; Sen MonnesAnderson; Sen Monroe; Sen Olsen; Sen Prozanski; Sen Roblan; Sen Rosenbaum; Sen Shields; Sen Starr B; Sen Steiner Hayward; Sen Thomsen; Sen Whitsett; Sen Winters
    Subject:

All Oregon Senators,
    It makes me “SICK” when bills like SB 115, SB 370 & SB 401 are even considered in this state or any state for that matter. I have lived in Oregon for well over 35 years and I spend a lot of time outdoors.
    I have raised my kids to enjoy and respect the outdoors and everything that comes with it.
    As for the so called Oregonians that have created these bills they show no “RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE OR THE OUTDOORS IN THE STATE OF OREGON” It’s the people of Oregon that voted them into power and it’s the people who will vote them “OUT”.
    When it comes to mining and my mining “RIGHTS” under the mining “LAWS” I will not allow the state of Oregon to trample all over my rights. It’s time to stop trying to please all the special interest groups and start doing something for “YOUR STATE” that will “ACTUALLY” help the state and not “DESTROY IT”.
    If you look at the state of California they banned dredging and just from that they have lost Millions of $$$ a year and a lot of small businesses have gone out of business due to the hardships.
    “EVERYTHING THAT WE AS PEOPLE USE EVERY DAY COME FROM MINING AND FARMING, EVERYTHING”……
    I urge you to vote “NO” on SB 115, SB 370 & SB 401 for the Best interest of the state, not the best interest of a special interest group.

Sincerely

Last edited by Hefty1; Jan 22, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
    dieselram94 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine, Central Florida
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    2882 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I think it is time we just do what ever we want. That is what all the enviromental whack jobs do anyways.
    Just what is happening to our country anyways? How can we as Americans just let this trash into office?
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors