Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several tons of material that I need to finish. Most of the material is 10 to 20 mesh or smaller with the gold mostly being 100 mesh or smaller. What piece of equipment would be able to finish this off with a production of at least a ton a day. Lots of magnetites and black sands too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Hoosier Gold Daddy is cool. I ordered a gold cube. It should be here by Thursday. I will post some pictures when I get on the gold. There are so many paleoplacer pits around here if this one doesnt have enough to be profitable I will find another one..

You are gonna love that cube. I installed some bubble levels on mine to make leveling easier also don't forget to get a brush to remove the air bubbles out of the mat each time before you run any material.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-bench-brush-1072.html
brush.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good idea. I suppose it will create bubbles right away that need to be broke or it will carry the fine gold out the bottom wont it.. Thanks..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good idea. I suppose it will create bubbles right away that need to be broke or it will carry the fine gold out the bottom wont it.. Thanks..

Yes and adding a little jetdry to the water while you brush helps too.

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do. Mike did not recommend the jet dry but if everyone is finding it to be a valuable part of the process I will do it..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would ask Mike to clarify his reason and go from there. Mike knows what he is talking about.
Maybe I shouldn't be using it in mine :dontknow:
I know you wouldn't want to use anything that causes bubbles.

Last edited:

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
You shouldn't use jet dry in a gold cube. I forget exactly why, but I remember its bad to use it with one.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG,
Your coupled/uncoupled Indiana wash plant is a work of art!..........63bkpkr

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished doing some research on the Jetdry question. Even though Jetdry helps break the water tension allowing fine and flour gold to sink rather than float if you use too much it could cause some foaming which may allow the flour gold to be lifted and float out.

Slapping the mats with your hand during the pre wetting phase helps to eliminate the air pockets as well.

Oct 16, 2010
Here on the Arkansas in Colorado, the gold is 30-100mesh. I run a sluice 60" long, with gold hog ur mat. No ripples, no expanded steel or other mat. Drop is 1.5" per foot. Recirculating most times with a 4700 gph bilge pump 12v. Screened material to -1/4". 14 5 gal buckets in 2 hours. Cleanup every two buckets. Easy to clean out, just roll the mat up. Then up and down in a 5 gal bucket, reinstall and off you go. 2 gal of cons. Run through blue bowl, about 1 hr. Ran twice first time and nothing left. Plenty of gold. Used jet, till ran out and use dawn, works fine.

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right the foaming causes air bubbles which makes the gold float. I used five or six drops of jetdry the other day when sluicing on a recirculation system. It worked really good and I was impressed. The next day I figured I would put a little more jetdry in cause a little more aint going to hurt anything. Well same trailer load of material and I had one fourth the gold. All I can figure is the bubbles carried the gold out. About half the amount of black sand too.. To much jet dry is not good either..

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you really think a few extra drops of Jetdry floated 75% of your gold? Maybe it was just lower grade dirt.

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have been a lower grade dirt. I love this Gold Cube. The only thing I dont like it the cleanup with it. I had all my gold tapped to the top of the pan and had just a drop of jet dry in it. I moved the water away from the gold and moved it back and it all floated away. Why does it make it float so bad? Now I am scared I am gonna lose it so I just clean the small gravels and 90 percent of the white sands out and put it in a jar. There is so dang much small gold in the black sand that will not separate out its frustrating. So instead of losing it I would rather leave it with a little dirt for now. What to do??

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For final separation of gold from gold cube concentrates try some variation of what Mike Pung does as described in this forum...combo of swishing the pan back and forth AND tapping at the same time. Works great for me :)

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the swishing and back tapping. It works great and then I let it set with no water and it all floated on me.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL yup. Gold is hydroplhilic (water repelling) so it'll do that any chance it can! Use your jet dry and all will be well.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
personnaly i think hes useing to much jet dry. i would have only used 1/2 of the amount he did in a tub!it sounds also like he has some natural oily material.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm could be Russ, I am always amazed how little it takes to do the job.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i also use Clay-Gone in my tub water.there is substitutes for this but i cant remeber the name for it. i have a bottle of it thats constituted and all i do is add some water to a small portion of it for lots of the substitute! works just as good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread