Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get yourself into a Gold Cube. That is exactly the kind of material it was designed for (and the volume of material too).

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
coyote3 said:
I have several tons of material that I need to finish. Most of the material is 10 to 20 mesh or smaller with the gold mostly being 100 mesh or smaller. What piece of equipment would be able to finish this off with a production of at least a ton a day. Lots of magnetites and black sands too.

Tons?? I would run it all throug a dry washer if its dry or run it through a high banker if its wet or damp. Just be very careful of your gpm. Real fine gold needs to be watched closely. Too much material to run. Are those tons all cons? Can't be. In lucky to get a half a bucket of cons! Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It actually is reject sand. There are several hundred tons of it and it all has gold in it. Average of 3 to 5 one micron pieces per pan and then there are several hundred pieces of gold half the size of the black sand. This is in say 6 pounds of material.. Does anyone have an idea what the OPT would go on something like this? Just a guess...

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on what im seeing in the post, putting the info in my homemade calculator , i come up with .21 cents per pan, or .0418340107 O.P.T. / ($71.18 ) that is based on 100% purity, reduced to 70% purity puts it about ($49.83) per ton.

Thats just the micron pieces , and you say ( several hundred pieces of gold half the size of the black sand ) not sure how th measure that.

You might have a gold mine.

johnnysau

Last edited:

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd agree with Kevin about the gold cub, I was thinking the wheel but that kind of material you have I'd get a cube

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ya get a gold cube

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How about the under flow system by grumpy prospector. I was looking into this system for running some material. You could check his website out. I'm also interested in the gold cube as well

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good question, since the gold cube combines underflow and vortex matting I think it is the best fit. It was designed for beach sand originally and built to handle the large volumes he is looking to run.

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. I seen a Gold cube at the Gold and Treasure show this summer. What would you suggest, just the basic stack of is it 4 cubes or go more?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would say it depends how much material you want to run between clean outs. Ask Red or Mike (the guys who invented and sell it) for their advice. They'll tell you straight!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will still need a miller table or blue bowl to run the concentrates from the Gold Cube.
They advertise the Gold Cube to handle a 1/2 ton an hour. So you could theoretically run 4 tons in 8 hours not counting clean ups.
The stack of 3 should do fine. 4 if you want to go longer between clean ups.

GG~

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That'll work GG but a lot of guys (including Mike and Red) who use the Gold Cube just pan the result since it's only about 1 cup of cons per clean out. Mike Pung posted a description of his panning method in one of the streams on the forum in fact.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's why I was thinking about under flow system. It seems that you don't have to pan cons at that point. At least that's what's presented.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I have several tons of material that I need to finish. Most of the material is 10 to 20 mesh or smaller with the gold mostly being 100 mesh or smaller. What piece of equipment would be able to finish this off with a production of at least a ton a day. Lots of magnetites and black sands too.

i really like the idea of useing the Gold Cube, BUT will you have any help? 1 ton a day is a realistic amount of shoveling by 1 person. but with the Gold Cube youll need to do periodic clean ups as you go. and im not sure of the frequency of those needed cleanups. id say if this is the way you go,id do a cleanup on your first couple of runs to see if your loseing anything with your setup/proccess. then make any adjustments that are needed.the Gold Cube runs screened material real fast,but i wouldnt want to rush anything just to get done.take your time! 1 ton should go fast if your up to shoveling,and rerun that material into seperate piles! go luck,i wish i could be there to help!PLEASE post a picture of your results! and id save all that black sand to crush and rerun it seperatly also!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That'll work GG but a lot of guys (including Mike and Red) who use the Gold Cube just pan the result since it's only about 1 cup of cons per clean out. Mike Pung posted a description of his panning method in one of the streams on the forum in fact.

I have several tons of material that I need to finish. Most of the material is 10 to 20 mesh or smaller with the gold mostly being 100 mesh or smaller.

I have the upmost respect for Mike Pung and his panning method ( which he recently taught me in person at a seminar) It's just that for now I'm more used to classifying and running my cons down a miller table.

Usually I get closer to three cups of cons in my rectangle version but then I'm running 4 feet of vortex instead of 2 feet as in the Gold Cube.
While that does allow me to run twice the material between clean ups there are also more cons to deal with.

Hoosier Gold Daddy.jpg Gold Daddy.jpg

Last edited:

Gold Cube

Feb 20, 2011
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hello all
Once you have you cons you do have to decide how you will get the gold out. Personally, I am a panner. If you pan or you use a machine the most important thing to do is get everything the same size. If everything in your system is the same size, gold rules (The golden rule) Classify with everything you got. One thing that is consistant in all gold cleaning machines is constant water flow. This is good and bad. You know what to expect with a good regulated flow but if gold busts loose, it could be gone. Water in a pan is subject to what ever you do to it. Develop your panning and gain confidence in your technique and then you will be able to confidently toss that pan of dirt you just pulled all the gold out of. No more re-running material. Don't fill up your pan, just a pinch at a time like you would in a machine. 400 mesh gold pans just like nuggets if everything in the pan is 400 mesh. Here is a link to the technique I use http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/46041-black-sand-clean-up-3.html#post2853328 I have all the machines, I use a pan. Mike

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the upmost respect for Mike Pung and his panning method ( which he recently taught me in person at a seminar) It's just that for now I'm more used to classifying and running my cons down a miller table.

Usually I get closer to three cups of cons in my rectangle version but then I'm running 4 feet of vortex instead of 2 feet as in the Gold Cube.
While that does allow me to run twice the material between clean ups there are also more cons to deal with.

View attachment 711546 View attachment 711547

Who's machine is that one? One that you made?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goodguy you got all the cool toy's nice work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread