Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ultra Fine Gold Recovery

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    U.S. Treasures

Apr 2012
    Wyoming
    Whites XLT Spectrum, Minelab Xterra 705, Whites TM808, Bounty Hunter, Si Go by Fitz L Rods
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Ultra Fine Gold Recovery

I have several tons of material that I need to finish. Most of the material is 10 to 20 mesh or smaller with the gold mostly being 100 mesh or smaller. What piece of equipment would be able to finish this off with a production of at least a ton a day. Lots of magnetites and black sands too.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10511 times
    Prospecting
    Get yourself into a Gold Cube. That is exactly the kind of material it was designed for (and the volume of material too).

Sep 2012
    Southern California
    Gold bug
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote3
    I have several tons of material that I need to finish. Most of the material is 10 to 20 mesh or smaller with the gold mostly being 100 mesh or smaller. What piece of equipment would be able to finish this off with a production of at least a ton a day. Lots of magnetites and black sands too.
    Tons?? I would run it all throug a dry washer if its dry or run it through a high banker if its wet or damp. Just be very careful of your gpm. Real fine gold needs to be watched closely. Too much material to run. Are those tons all cons? Can't be. In lucky to get a half a bucket of cons! Lol
    Last edited by mellowyellow; Dec 09, 2012 at 12:29 PM.

us
    U.S. Treasures

Apr 2012
    Wyoming
    Whites XLT Spectrum, Minelab Xterra 705, Whites TM808, Bounty Hunter, Si Go by Fitz L Rods
    26 times
    It actually is reject sand. There are several hundred tons of it and it all has gold in it. Average of 3 to 5 one micron pieces per pan and then there are several hundred pieces of gold half the size of the black sand. This is in say 6 pounds of material.. Does anyone have an idea what the OPT would go on something like this? Just a guess...

us
    Apr 2012
    Reno NV
    113 times
    Based on what im seeing in the post, putting the info in my homemade calculator , i come up with .21 cents per pan, or .0418340107 O.P.T. / ($71.18 ) that is based on 100% purity, reduced to 70% purity puts it about ($49.83) per ton.

Thats just the micron pieces , and you say ( several hundred pieces of gold half the size of the black sand ) not sure how th measure that.

You might have a gold mine.

johnnysau
    Last edited by johnnysau; Dec 09, 2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Wrong purity

us
    When you get Tired of the every day grind you turn to a place an time to slow down. Gold prospecting a way of life...

Oct 2010
    Alabama/ Ohio
    GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
    91 times
    I'd agree with Kevin about the gold cub, I was thinking the wheel but that kind of material you have I'd get a cube

us
    Sep 2012
    Fruitland,ID
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
    85 times
    Prospecting
    ya get a gold cube

us
    Dec 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
    242 times
    Prospecting
    How about the under flow system by grumpy prospector. I was looking into this system for running some material. You could check his website out. I'm also interested in the gold cube as well

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10511 times
    Prospecting
    Good question, since the gold cube combines underflow and vortex matting I think it is the best fit. It was designed for beach sand originally and built to handle the large volumes he is looking to run.

us
    U.S. Treasures

Apr 2012
    Wyoming
    26 times
    Thanks all. I seen a Gold cube at the Gold and Treasure show this summer. What would you suggest, just the basic stack of is it 4 cubes or go more?

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10511 times
    Prospecting
    I would say it depends how much material you want to run between clean outs. Ask Red or Mike (the guys who invented and sell it) for their advice. They'll tell you straight!

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4118 times
    You will still need a miller table or blue bowl to run the concentrates from the Gold Cube.
    They advertise the Gold Cube to handle a 1/2 ton an hour. So you could theoretically run 4 tons in 8 hours not counting clean ups.
    The stack of 3 should do fine. 4 if you want to go longer between clean ups.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Dec 10, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
    russau likes this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10511 times
    Prospecting
    That'll work GG but a lot of guys (including Mike and Red) who use the Gold Cube just pan the result since it's only about 1 cup of cons per clean out. Mike Pung posted a description of his panning method in one of the streams on the forum in fact.

us
    Dec 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
    242 times
    Prospecting
    That's why I was thinking about under flow system. It seems that you don't have to pan cons at that point. At least that's what's presented.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote3 View Post
    i really like the idea of useing the Gold Cube, BUT will you have any help? 1 ton a day is a realistic amount of shoveling by 1 person. but with the Gold Cube youll need to do periodic clean ups as you go. and im not sure of the frequency of those needed cleanups. id say if this is the way you go,id do a cleanup on your first couple of runs to see if your loseing anything with your setup/proccess. then make any adjustments that are needed.the Gold Cube runs screened material real fast,but i wouldnt want to rush anything just to get done.take your time! 1 ton should go fast if your up to shoveling,and rerun that material into seperate piles! go luck,i wish i could be there to help!PLEASE post a picture of your results! and id save all that black sand to crush and rerun it seperatly also!
    Goodyguy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links