Chances of finding gold? Southern Nevada/

krisko

Dec 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I'm new to this hobby but looking to get my hands dirty. I currently live in Las Vegas and I'm wondering what the chances of find any gold even small little partials are? I would most likely be dry washing due to the lack of rivers around here. I have been using minecache and Google earth to locate mine claims. I found some mine claims in my area that have been closed. These are area's I'm familiar with as I take my 4x4 in these area's all the time. I'm trying to figure out a good game plan on where to start looking. I'm not trying to set up a big operation to begin with. Probably just a pan and a shovel to see if I could find some flakes. The name of the claims are LCN extension #1 and LCN extension #2

Claim type: Placer.
State: NV
County: CLARK
Meridian: 21
Township: 0190S
Range: 0590E
Section: 016
Sub Division: NE,NW

Can someone shed some light on this and help to get started in the right direction. How deep I will need to be digging, Should I be looking in the wash? What would you guys be looking for in these area's. Thanks for you input.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

krisko

Dec 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just brought home 2+ grams from Gold Basin and a 1/2 gram nugget.

Where is the gold basin located at? Is that a mine?

I'm curious I'm finding a lot of closed claims around in my area. If they spent the time to open a claim wouldn't there a be a chance to that they might think there are profitable minerals in that area?

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks pretty good .
Found this for you.

Gold Basin Mining District (in Lander County, NV)

And you think that we are doing you a favor finding you places to go mining.
Lol, you said you want to get your hands dirty?
Soon you will look at any pile of dirt and wonder if there is gold in it.
It only took me one time mining to catch gold fever.
it isn't fatal, but there is no cure.
The more you find, more you'll want to find.
I've had it almost 23 years.
Now it looks like a mining company in my garage.
just kidding welcome to Tnet.
We need more miners to help protect our right to mine.
But that's another story. Back From Heaton Flats 5.JPG
Here's me, returning from my last gold dig, with my bicycle powered, mining gear rig.

OP
OP
K

krisko

Dec 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the one. Many, many claims there. I joined up with the GSSN to work their claims. They have two adjoining ones there and one in Lost Basin.

Thanks for the info desertman. I check out GSSN and it looks like a good club I will probably join it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions