BAMAZON!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

It really is a jungle out there.

Those guys are working for their gold.
Looks Like the boss has deep pockets and the guys are getting paid to work.

And of course drama seems to be what the producers want to showcase.
But those nuggets were impressive for just panning.

The sunken excavator was also a telling of the real dangers involved. That's one thing they dont have to script.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since when did Pam Anderson visit the Amazon? Damn this show!!!!
*flips to old Godzilla movies on HuluPlus* FINALLY something good:thumbsup:
Anybody else desperately miss the good ol' "Gold gold gold gold gold fevah vah vah vah"
after this show I have my doubts they are Roughing it in the rain forest.

17 Minutes in What do you see as he walks away?

Sorry my camera won't do better on the TV screen

but that's not a native unless Sheena Lives

View attachment 718985 View attachment 719028 View attachment 719029

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why if you go digging for gold in a 3rd world country do you have to use third world equipment I mean come on bring some garrett pans for crap sake. atleast something modern...their using a junk sluicebox and a ghetto classifier......dumb!!!!!

Exactly why I think it's more about showing how the natives to the area do it, & how
people who are educated can't.

They don't want to show what difference proper equipment makes.

it's about scaring people from the Amazon gold Rush
& making $$$$ Entertaining the TV audience at the same time.

I bet History Channel was disappointed the Digger didn't tumble down
the bank.

Last edited:

4treasures

Greenie
Dec 9, 2010
If they START a gold show with experienced miners, proper equipment, and good leadership they don't have dramatic "AH HA!" moments for later.
Like, "Hey, let's upgrade to a trommel to get even more gold next season and more viewers might tune in."
or
"Hey, let's keep that sluice box from gumming up with clay and sticks so all the fine gold we are actually after doesn't get wasted."
It is the same formula with Gold Rush, Jungle Gold, somewhat with Bering Sea Gold...

As far as truly roughing it in the forest, I don't think anyone really buys that. I caught that leather couch too. I think we've all known a Bossman Tim.

Exactly why I think it's more about showing how the natives to the area do it, & how
people who are educated can't.

They don't want to show what difference proper equipment makes.

it's about scaring people from the Amazon gold Rush
& making $$$$ Entertaining the TV audience at the same time.

I bet History Channel was disappointed the Digger didn't tumble down
the bank.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone view last nights episode?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea they finally decided to dig in the right spot instead of around it :laughing7:

still allot of junk though to stretch the show out

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea they finally decided to dig in the right spot instead of around it :laughing7:

still allot of junk though to stretch the show out

Thanks,
I missed it last night and it's not up yet on the history channel website.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a couple laughs. Not sure I want to spoil it for ya.

but yea we got to see a little gold :laughing7:

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes!
It's up on the site now and I just finished viewing

That was by far the best episode so far.

GG~

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you think of them almost Being Buried ? :laughing9:

Hint for a reason to bring the guy Bossman fired back ?

I think their foreman needs a air horn & to pay more attention

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you think of them almost Being Buried ? :laughing9:

Hint for a reason to bring the guy Bossman fired back ?

I think their foreman needs a air horn & to pay more attention

That's what happens when you take a crew of home builders and put them in the jungle to mine for gold.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm far from knowledgeable on Gold mining but the one thing that struck me was,
if you
have an excavator working over your head , You don't turn the ground under it to Mud.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

I also wonder if they have their sluice set up right.
not one nugget ? all flower

maybe they are washing the gold away with the hose ?

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm far from knowledgeable on Gold mining but the one thing that struck me was,
if you
have an excavator working over your head , You don't turn the ground under it to Mud.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

I also wonder if they have their sluice set up right.
not one nugget ? all flower

maybe they are washing the gold away with the hose ?

I think all they are processing in the sluice is the free gold that has eroded out of the quartz and ended up in the dirt.
Not sure if they have even tried to bust up the quartz and see if any gold is locked in the matrix.

As bad as their sluice is I think nuggets would have shown up if any were fed into it.

GG~

Gilm

Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the most recent episode Chris concludes that they are running bad dirt when he doesn't find gold in their sluice.

But if you look at that sluice, doesn't it seem like one of the most common issues with a sluice? Incorrect angle for the water flow? The holes are packed to the brim with mud, and that wasn't just from settling mud after turning it off. How do they expect to catch gold like that? Do they not understand the principle behind a sluice? If the water flow isn't high enough to flushing out the mud, there's no place for gold to settle.

Or is that simply how it would always be in that kind of material(mud)?

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i have watched all 6 episodes. The first few episodes were really hideous, but it is getting better with every episode. They are finally getting some gold, and that is because they finally get some knowhow about mining and play the game as a team.

Good things about the show
- Nice scenery.
- Shows other type of goldmining than i have seen before.
- Chris (sometimes little foolish, but real hard worker)
- Darryl (if he keeps his spirits up he is a real asset to the team)
- Julius (Who doesn't want a strong guy at a mine that tries to keep the "team" together and watches the other guys backs)
- John (Quiet guy that gets the job done)

Bad things about the show
- Most of the guys didn't seem know a damn thing about goldmining or goldrecovery before they set foot on the dirt they were going to mine.
- Tim "the Bossman" (What a horrible guy, but it seems people like him become rich over other peoples back all the time)
- Clate (Man he got some skills and workethics, but with an attitude like that you'll never make it anywhere)

My advice... it's interesting, but prepare for f*ck-ups and DRAMA! :hello2:

Gilm

Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Clate was alright, sure he was quite cocky, but most of these guys are. He did have some good points, he just didn't communicate them well. And I think Tim and the producers really went out of their way to make him look worse. Like that bit where he enters the walking path briefly with the excavator rather than trashing the forest.

I think Tim's ego is really going to mess these guys up(more). If the "Bossman" can't consider any critique or opposing opinions when he's in a situation that he's not the most adept at, he's going to end up causing a lot of screw-ups. He's acting like it's a military exercise rather a group project. Yes they need good leadership and organization, but respect for Tim's mining abilities would be better gained through fair treatment and accepting critique, not posturing when he clearly doesn't have the situation figured out. If Tim were a jungle mining master it would be different.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll keep watching to see if the 'boss' every gets it through his thick skull that it's HIS attitude, not the heavy duty operator's attitude that places the project at greater risk. Kudos to the heavy duty operator; he gave the boss a couple of chances and received no respect for saving the project on several occasions.
Don....

These shows are not good for us i hate to say it. The metal detectorist will be in real trouble after the "diggers"show. Every tom dick n harry will be lookin for gold and diggen gopher holes all over the country, The bering sea gold guys made this mistake with direct results. Last summer the place was a modern day gold rush!! becouse of the publicity. We have to keep our way of life secret and sacred or thier will be consequences in the form of government intervention. Thanks. Henri

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure do feel sorry for those Bama boys, they cant catch a break on top of having no experience with gold mining.
Glad there is only one episode left for me to suffer through ..... I've never yelled at the tv so much trying to tell somebody what they should be doing.

And I thought Todd's operation was inefficient.... These guys really have no clue how to work the paydirt.
But I bet they still get some Gold :icon_thumleft:
Just not as much as they could have if they would have listened to me :tongue3:

GG~

headingtothejungle

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Florida
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been watching this show from the beginning for the simple fact that I will be mining in the same vicinity as the Bama boys in a couple of weeks. I'm not taking a production crew or anything like that, I am after only one thing....GOLD!

This show, like others, had to grow on me. The first few episodes were so boring I almost lost interest. I wanted to see them mine for gold, not piss and moan and spend 3 shows getting a POS track hoe through the jungle. Once they started sluicing, I was finally looking forward to seeing gold but since they don't really know much about mining, the gold produced was non existent. If I were there with that crew, I would have spent as much time as I could panning in the riverbeds to try to recover something instead of waiting on the excavator.

Just one more episode. I doubt they will have another season but I could be wrong. I don't know how much land these guys have but I have heard that it's under 10 acres. I wouldn't have bet the farm on less than 10 acres, especially in the Amazon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread