BAMAZON!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

It really is a jungle out there.

Those guys are working for their gold.
Looks Like the boss has deep pockets and the guys are getting paid to work.

And of course drama seems to be what the producers want to showcase.
But those nuggets were impressive for just panning.

The sunken excavator was also a telling of the real dangers involved. That's one thing they dont have to script.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm from Alabama and may be more of an idiot than those fellows on this show but I sure hope not.They could have come to treasurenet and learned more in 5 minutes than they know.If they are scared to dredge in the river then put the backhoe back on the barge.Extend the barge, build a washplant on it and bingo "the christine rose jungle edition".Get more gold in 5 minutes than they have in 2 months.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure do feel sorry for those Bama boys, they cant catch a break on top of having no experience with gold mining.
Glad there is only one episode left for me to suffer through ..... I've never yelled at the tv so much trying to tell somebody what they should be doing.

And I thought Todd's operation was inefficient.... These guys really have no clue how to work the paydirt.
But I bet they still get some Gold :icon_thumleft:
Just not as much as they could have if they would have listened to me :tongue3:

GG~

HaHa ! although I don't yell at the screen :laughing9:
I thought the same when they said one more show,
although I'll guess I'll need to sit through 2 or 3 after shows over the coming weeks
while they beat a dead horse, from everyone's perspective.

part that got me was the guy with the foot infection, (I don't remember names on this one)
& Boss man says you can wear a rubber boot, & he decides to walk around in
flip flops ? what is that ? :icon_scratch: I mean odds are I wouldn't have gone home at that point,
& risk loosing profit sharing, if they are actually making profit. but I wouldn't have got it dirty.
also No leeches there ? why couldn't he have spent an hour or so with a leach on it ? :dontknow: I don't know what amount of time is too much with a leech, But
I'm guessing they can be & are used for infections.

Last edited:

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Episode 7:
- Why would you walk bare-foot when you got a cut like that....
- Why is there nothing to mount those big hozes on?? There must be some 2nd hand stuff from firebrigades.... work doesn't have to be easy, but you don't have to make it as hard as possible.
- No water?? Go get it... pump it in, channel in it.... don't care how, get the water. Most operations and companies have back-up plans, seems no TV-gold-show ever has one.
- Why do they have a mechanic that is unable to fix a machine and a foreman who is? And what is their mechanic doing all day?? Is he there 24/7 and does he onlly work when they have a breakdown?

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ace2010 said:
When are they going to make one of these gold shows with just a bunch of pretty women in creeks panning for gold in bikini's? I would watch that.

I will sign up minus the Bikini! I don't want to scare the crap out of people!

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
Not directly related to mining, but that jungle flea roosted in Chris's(?) foot! No thank you. Constant reminder that you have to respect Mother Nature at all times. Luckily all I have to worry about here is large mammals.

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can see how that guy Tim became a multi millionaire. He has the mentality of a slave owner (doesn't care about his crew). It's also clear by the cheap crap he calls equipment. Spend little to make a lot....

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only one of them that seem to have a clue what to do was Clate McDaniel from Dadeville AL and the boss man sent him home, smart move.:dontknow: I grew up around all of these guys and have seen a few of them but do not really know any of them.They were at Auburn Oyster bar last night signing autograph's.They all made it out alive.:icon_thumright:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only one of them that seem to have a clue what to do was Clate McDaniel from Dadeville AL and the boss man sent him home, smart move.:dontknow: I grew up around all of these guys and have seen a few of them but do not really know any of them.They were at Auburn Oyster bar last night signing autograph's.They all made it out alive.:icon_thumright:

from what I seen of McDaniel, His save the trees attitude & his gods gift attitude,
I can understand & probably would have considered sending him home also.
However the fact he produced when needed most likely would have
grudgingly saved him from my hammer :tongue3:

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Talked to someone in the know and their going back for season 2.Taking better equipment. Would not tell the amount of gold found until after the final show this weekend.

headingtothejungle

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Florida
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would hope they go back. Spend all that money to mine 1 acre? If they do a season 2, they will probably start mining again in a couple of weeks since the rainy season is starting in the Amazon. Since I'll be in the amazon at the same time, might see if I can get down to their mining site and have a look.

headingtothejungle

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Florida
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Talked to someone in the know and their going back for season 2.Taking better equipment. Would not tell the amount of gold found until after the final show this weekend.

I talked to one of the guys from the show and he didn't tell me the exact amount they found but he said it was "a lot". I would hope for all that trouble they get close to at least a break even.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from Alabama and may be more of an idiot than those fellows on this show but I sure hope not.They could have come to treasurenet and learned more in 5 minutes than they know.If they are scared to dredge in the river then put the backhoe back on the barge.Extend the barge, build a washplant on it and bingo "the christine rose jungle edition".Get more gold in 5 minutes than they have in 2 months.

Hell Yeah...Christine Rose style....that's the way to do it!!!

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is what I don't understand! Clearly this guy is a business man, wouldn't it have paid him to hire a man that specializes in mining? I personally think that his ego would not allow him to have someone like that on his team. Its crazy to me! Heck he could have come on this website and found someone!

headingtothejungle

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Florida
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree Chrystal. I don't have nearly the resources or money invested in my venture but one thing we did is teamed up with local miners, geologist and surveyors to make sure we do it right from the beginning. But on the other hand, we do need to understand that this is tv. Although it is "reality tv", the networks would like to see ratings so drama makes better tv. Would we have kept watching if they struck the mother lode after the 2nd or 3rd episode? Possibly but these networks know what they are doing and they want to keep their viewers.

kmil10

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crystalpayne said:
Here is what I don't understand! Clearly this guy is a business man, wouldn't it have paid him to hire a man that specializes in mining? I personally think that his ego would not allow him to have someone like that on his team. Its crazy to me! Heck he could have come on this website and found someone!

That's exactly what I was thinking. My guess is the show provides some technical expertise.

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They keep on calling it dredging and giving all you dredgers a bad name. People are going to think dredgers are destroying river banks.

Fermion

Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they found a total of 10 ounces. 6 to 7 guys spending 150k to find 20k

what a joke

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread