Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: BAMAZON!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    If I don't answer, look for me at the bottom of the river.

Sep 2011
    Alabama
    Minelab
    13 times
    Prospecting
    I'm from Alabama and may be more of an idiot than those fellows on this show but I sure hope not.They could have come to treasurenet and learned more in 5 minutes than they know.If they are scared to dredge in the river then put the backhoe back on the barge.Extend the barge, build a washplant on it and bingo "the christine rose jungle edition".Get more gold in 5 minutes than they have in 2 months.
    Goodyguy likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4664 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    I sure do feel sorry for those Bama boys, they cant catch a break on top of having no experience with gold mining.
    Glad there is only one episode left for me to suffer through ..... I've never yelled at the tv so much trying to tell somebody what they should be doing.

And I thought Todd's operation was inefficient.... These guys really have no clue how to work the paydirt.
    But I bet they still get some Gold
    Just not as much as they could have if they would have listened to me

GG~
    HaHa ! although I don't yell at the screen
    I thought the same when they said one more show,
    although I'll guess I'll need to sit through 2 or 3 after shows over the coming weeks
    while they beat a dead horse, from everyone's perspective.

part that got me was the guy with the foot infection, (I don't remember names on this one)
    & Boss man says you can wear a rubber boot, & he decides to walk around in
    flip flops ? what is that ? I mean odds are I wouldn't have gone home at that point,
    & risk loosing profit sharing, if they are actually making profit. but I wouldn't have got it dirty.
    also No leeches there ? why couldn't he have spent an hour or so with a leach on it ? I don't know what amount of time is too much with a leech, But
    I'm guessing they can be & are used for infections.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jan 21, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

us
    Digitny

Jan 2013
    Cortlandt NY
    Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowyellow View Post
    Well said, but I think it's too late.
    I think your right sir

nl
    Jan 2013
    14 times
    Episode 7:
    - Why would you walk bare-foot when you got a cut like that....
    - Why is there nothing to mount those big hozes on?? There must be some 2nd hand stuff from firebrigades.... work doesn't have to be easy, but you don't have to make it as hard as possible.
    - No water?? Go get it... pump it in, channel in it.... don't care how, get the water. Most operations and companies have back-up plans, seems no TV-gold-show ever has one.
    - Why do they have a mechanic that is unable to fix a machine and a foreman who is? And what is their mechanic doing all day?? Is he there 24/7 and does he onlly work when they have a breakdown?

us
    Crystal Payne

Jan 2013
    Fort Mitchell
    53 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace2010
    When are they going to make one of these gold shows with just a bunch of pretty women in creeks panning for gold in bikini's? I would watch that.
    I will sign up minus the Bikini! I don't want to scare the crap out of people!

Charter Member

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds')
    Minelab Explorer
    1364 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I don't know how long I would last there; busting my butt while the boss sits in his office wearing his gold Rolex watch and talks about 'teamwork'.
    Don....

Jan 2013
    12 times
    Not directly related to mining, but that jungle flea roosted in Chris's(?) foot! No thank you. Constant reminder that you have to respect Mother Nature at all times. Luckily all I have to worry about here is large mammals.

us
    Jan 2011
    Illinois (STL area)
    Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
    36 times
    Prospecting
    I can see how that guy Tim became a multi millionaire. He has the mentality of a slave owner (doesn't care about his crew). It's also clear by the cheap crap he calls equipment. Spend little to make a lot....

us

Sep 2011
    Alabama
    Minelab
    13 times
    Prospecting
    The only one of them that seem to have a clue what to do was Clate McDaniel from Dadeville AL and the boss man sent him home, smart move. I grew up around all of these guys and have seen a few of them but do not really know any of them.They were at Auburn Oyster bar last night signing autograph's.They all made it out alive.
    Goodyguy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4664 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace2010 View Post
    The only one of them that seem to have a clue what to do was Clate McDaniel from Dadeville AL and the boss man sent him home, smart move. I grew up around all of these guys and have seen a few of them but do not really know any of them.They were at Auburn Oyster bar last night signing autograph's.They all made it out alive.
    from what I seen of McDaniel, His save the trees attitude & his gods gift attitude,
    I can understand & probably would have considered sending him home also.
    However the fact he produced when needed most likely would have
    grudgingly saved him from my hammer
    Goodyguy likes this.

us

Sep 2011
    Alabama
    Minelab
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Talked to someone in the know and their going back for season 2.Taking better equipment. Would not tell the amount of gold found until after the final show this weekend.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Florida
    2 times
    Prospecting
    I would hope they go back. Spend all that money to mine 1 acre? If they do a season 2, they will probably start mining again in a couple of weeks since the rainy season is starting in the Amazon. Since I'll be in the amazon at the same time, might see if I can get down to their mining site and have a look.

us
    Jan 2013
    Florida
    2 times
    Prospecting
    Talked to someone in the know and their going back for season 2.Taking better equipment. Would not tell the amount of gold found until after the final show this weekend.
    I talked to one of the guys from the show and he didn't tell me the exact amount they found but he said it was "a lot". I would hope for all that trouble they get close to at least a break even.

us
    May 2012
    PA
    Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
    117 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm from Alabama and may be more of an idiot than those fellows on this show but I sure hope not.They could have come to treasurenet and learned more in 5 minutes than they know.If they are scared to dredge in the river then put the backhoe back on the barge.Extend the barge, build a washplant on it and bingo "the christine rose jungle edition".Get more gold in 5 minutes than they have in 2 months.
    Hell Yeah...Christine Rose style....that's the way to do it!!!

us
    Jan 2013
    Florida
    2 times
    Prospecting
    If I am not mistaken, vessel dredging is being outlawed in the amazon. That would be one hell of a way to do it though...

us
    Crystal Payne

Jan 2013
    Fort Mitchell
    53 times
    Prospecting
    Here is what I don't understand! Clearly this guy is a business man, wouldn't it have paid him to hire a man that specializes in mining? I personally think that his ego would not allow him to have someone like that on his team. Its crazy to me! Heck he could have come on this website and found someone!
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Florida
    2 times
    Prospecting
    I agree Chrystal. I don't have nearly the resources or money invested in my venture but one thing we did is teamed up with local miners, geologist and surveyors to make sure we do it right from the beginning. But on the other hand, we do need to understand that this is tv. Although it is "reality tv", the networks would like to see ratings so drama makes better tv. Would we have kept watching if they struck the mother lode after the 2nd or 3rd episode? Possibly but these networks know what they are doing and they want to keep their viewers.

Dec 2012
    Virginia
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalpayne
    Here is what I don't understand! Clearly this guy is a business man, wouldn't it have paid him to hire a man that specializes in mining? I personally think that his ego would not allow him to have someone like that on his team. Its crazy to me! Heck he could have come on this website and found someone!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. My guess is the show provides some technical expertise.

us
    Dec 2012
    Saint Paul, MN
    whites dfx garrett ace 250
    37 times
    They keep on calling it dredging and giving all you dredgers a bad name. People are going to think dredgers are destroying river banks.

Jan 2013
    16 times
    they found a total of 10 ounces. 6 to 7 guys spending 150k to find 20k

what a joke
    mountainman22 likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsors