BAMAZON!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

It really is a jungle out there.

Those guys are working for their gold.
Looks Like the boss has deep pockets and the guys are getting paid to work.

And of course drama seems to be what the producers want to showcase.
But those nuggets were impressive for just panning.

The sunken excavator was also a telling of the real dangers involved. That's one thing they dont have to script.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I talked to one of the guys from the show and he didn't tell me the exact amount they found but he said it was "a lot". I would hope for all that trouble they get close to at least a break even.
That guy that said they got "a lot" told you a fib.hahaha
They could have stayed in Alabama and done better than they did down there.As hard as it looked like those guys were working for 2 months 7 days a week they could have done better with a shovel and gold pan.It had to have cost them "a lot" more than they made.I wonder how much the history channel pays?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's an old mining saying...those miners who say they got a lot are barely feeding themselves and those who get a lot keep silent!

Applies here I think ;-)

Fermion

Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new show: homedepotazon - 6 guys down on their luck stand outside home depot waiting for the morning job offers

Actually has a better chance of making money.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHAHA WHAT A HOOT A LOUSY 10 OZ after all that insanity. 90% of the gold went out with the tailings as that mat was SOLID BACKED with less than a 1/2' of moss and they NEVER CLEANED IT UP AS TOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WORK DAILY hahaha sooooo much stupidity. Glad as LL it's over but them fellas a gonna pay for many MANY years for being there from critters,diseases,microbes and on and on-bummer just like african whiteboys....John

carlsjr

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Hhahah 10 ounces of gold? LOL. split 10 ways is like 1500 bucks for 5 weeks of work.

2. Tim is a dummy.

3. i fail to see how using high pressure hoses to wash MUD down a MUD trench could possibly produce any gold and from the amount they pulled out confirms this. how much gold did those high pressure hoses embed deep into the mud trenches?

4. Darryl is a dirty smoker.

5. they been on site for 6 weeks and nobody knew about a fuel filtration system but Tim? and he has the balls to yell at his crew for now using it? holy crap what a pathetic loser. god i hate guys like him.

kmil10

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As entertainment this show is as good as any other copycat production of the scripted reality variety.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt 10 ounces paid their fuel bill

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The part that got me was the narrator saying the 1/4 inch piece of gold could be worth "thousands of dollars". Give me a break!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The part that got me was the narrator saying the 1/4 inch piece of gold could be worth "thousands of dollars". Give me a break!

Quick give him a deal !
offer it to him for $1500 :laughing7:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O man when I saw the final countI justlaughed. there is no way those guys went home with anything but more debt. 10 ounces isn't enough to pay for the excavator, fuel, tickets to and from, boat ride and buying or renting the claim plus the other equipment they brought or bought. Laughable.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They made their money out of the production fees. Think about it. The mine owner lets them split all the gold and he gets all the expenses.

It's kind of insulting on its premis tho. "So easy a Caveman can do it".

Personally I think they trashed the land. But reclamation shows aren't interesting.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They made their money out of the production fees. Think about it. The mine owner lets them split all the gold and he gets all the expenses.

It's kind of insulting on its premis tho. "So easy a Caveman can do it".

Personally I think they trashed the land. But reclamation shows aren't interesting.

I'm sure they put the land back before they left, even though they "claimed"
they Had to go, someone fixed it up.

Not that it needed redone, it's the rain forest,
you can almost watch it grow.
even in the so called dry season.

in order to believe we are destroying the rain forest,
you need to believe in global warning :tongue3:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe after the money that was spent to get on location, that they used a stupid home made sluice, probably 30% efficient if they were lucky.

Then they tried to act pleased with 10 ounces. " this will pay for your airfare home, airfare back next year, plus put a little money in your pocket" REALLY?

$16,000 split 8 ways with no expenses taken out. They must think we are a bunch of morons........well some of us are.:laughing7:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HAHAHAHA WHAT A HOOT A LOUSY 10 OZ after all that insanity. 90% of the gold went out with the tailings as that mat was SOLID BACKED with less than a 1/2' of moss and they NEVER CLEANED IT UP AS TOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WORK DAILY .<snip>....John

Couldn't have said it any better. If they were splitting 10 oz. a day, I'm still not sure if that would
get me excited enough to suffer; and the suffering yet to come from only God knows what type of
nasty diseases that they may have contracted in that hot hell of a place.

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Think I'm gona do a show called tlabama where 6 tennesse construction workers who are still employed go to Alabama and get oz of gold on the weekends

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread