BAMAZON!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

It really is a jungle out there.

Those guys are working for their gold.
Looks Like the boss has deep pockets and the guys are getting paid to work.

And of course drama seems to be what the producers want to showcase.
But those nuggets were impressive for just panning.

The sunken excavator was also a telling of the real dangers involved. That's one thing they dont have to script.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Won't be 6 of us but only 3 to 4 and bet well get close

We work like mad fools dive all day have to pay for this 6" some how

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it was gap

The only better show was th jungle le gold guys and they got what they had coming
If your goal is to screw some guy out of his gold in a third world country than you deserve to get robed and go home broke
What's so stupid is with the 250k they could have bought equipment and a mine in ak and probaly could have been successful

headingtothejungle

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2013
Florida
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3. i fail to see how using high pressure hoses to wash MUD down a MUD trench could possibly produce any gold and from the amount they pulled out confirms this. how much gold did those high pressure hoses embed deep into the mud trenches?

I've spent the last month in the Amazon jungle in the direct vicinity of where the bamazon crew mined. Their operation is considered a small to medium scale mining operation and probably 95% of all small to medium scale miners in the Amazon use the same mining procedure as the bamazon crew which is washing down the banks and then forcing the slurry through a trench to a murack pump that then sends it to a pokey box or a sluice box as we know it. I have been knee deep in mining operations in the Amazon and it is probably the most inefficient way to mine I have ever seen, but it works. Granted, this method probably only produces about 30-40% of what could be done with more modern, conventional mining operations. But we have to go back to what this is. My opinion is this is a reality show and the producers want to show modern society how gold mining has, and is still being done in the Amazon. And logistically, getting a big processing plant to their location would have been a pain in the ass. There is one way in and one way out which is the Cuyuni river and this river is no joke! I spent 3 hours in a boat and we nearly sank from the force of the rapids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread