BAMAZON!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

It really is a jungle out there.

Those guys are working for their gold.
Looks Like the boss has deep pockets and the guys are getting paid to work.

And of course drama seems to be what the producers want to showcase.
But those nuggets were impressive for just panning.

The sunken excavator was also a telling of the real dangers involved. That's one thing they dont have to script.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the same old tired formula. I lasted 27-minutes before turning the channel. I guess following a REAL gold operation is just too boring for TV.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing I noticed from their sampling , the gold in South America is much bigger than that African gold.....

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumb meets dumber meets dumbest or Adventures of Beevis and Butthead okie style n' d' jungle..kept changing the channel trying to find something else in the tv wasteland to see. Never lasted more than 5 minutes at a time...Terry did ya ever think 27 lousy minutes could feel like a lifetime??? sic sic :censored: John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing you can't deny, that these shows are meant to show miners in a bad light. I believe Trinity said one time in a post, that these shows were funded by enviormental groups with the specific intent of making all mining look bad... I just can't look away from the gold shots......

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, formula show. Broken or delayed equipment, disgruntled employees, or pardners. I dv'ed it and struggled through the whole thing. Good scenery. After seeing that one pan clean up, assuming it was real, "''ll I'd be panning 24-7. At least the Boss's voice doesn't make my skin crawl like Todds.

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
lost said:
yep, formula show. Broken or delayed equipment, disgruntled employees, or pardners. I dv'ed it and struggled through the whole thing. Good scenery. After seeing that one pan clean up, assuming it was real, "''ll I'd be panning 24-7. At least the Boss's voice doesn't make my skin crawl like Todds.

No guts No glory!!! Hahahaha

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I missed it, sounds like I was lucky to. :D

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does seem a little odd that most of the characters on these "reality mining" shows have no mining experience.

Is that to make good tv, or are they trying to make miners look like morons?

This show is better than the other jungle gold show so far.

I am a little skeptical of the test panning they did, nothing, nothing, nothing.....and then a bunch of chunky nuggets....?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The general idea is that they are trying to make us look like morons.
At least with GoldRush they dont look as bad as they did when they first started.

I am sure that they "Feast and Famine" their findings on purpose to build suspense.

Either way, these shows dont even come close to the dreams I have about sniping let alone the real thing. :D

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a little skeptical of the test panning they did, nothing, nothing, nothing.....and then a bunch of chunky nuggets....?

Of course,you have to put a little salt on the b.S. when you try to feed it to the masses:laughing9:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How true is it? I mean how much can we really believe? I remember a time when the history and the discovery channel actually taught you something. Now all I can do is when watching these shows is to try to find some event that wasnt scripted or edited with the intention to decieve.. I think these shows belong on the MTV channel after Jersey shore. What the next show? OPRAH, TRUMP, McCain,and Screech from Saved by the bell, gold mining in South America?

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh, I want them to bring back the Sarah Palin show.:laughing7:laugh out loud.
She is so sexy with a rifle in her hands. LOL

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bamazon

Second episode tonight on History Channel. :icon_thumleft:

Darryl and John struggle to evade predators and retrieve the excavator from deep in the Amazon jungle. The rest of the crew experiences their first taste of "gold fever" and one crew member falls dangerously ill.

Breakwater

May 24, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone could see as plain as day that the hose that they "took off of an abandoned bulldozer" was brand new. That "abandoned dozer" must have been on the Cat show room floor!!! If your going to try to bullshit everyone at least rub some mud on it..

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a train wreck ..... Two episodes and I'm already loosing interest. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread